What a Thrill
By BMWNewbie on
2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)
I purchased this car used with 70,018 miles from a reputable BMW dealer. This is my first BMW. I was skeptical buying this car with so many miles but have no regrets. Purchasing this car from a "BMW Dealer" helped ease my worries. I subsequently had the car checked by a certified BMW mechanic. The Dealer replaced the control arms, tires, brakes, and rotors. It helped that this car had only "one owner," I only replaced the thermostat at 79K miles. It was suggested I replace the overflow bottle as well before driving from Philadelphia, PA to Tulsa, OK (1300 total miles). Since then, I have driven to Philadelphia (2600 total miles) and back to Tulsa with no problems.
Favorite Features
The convertible top is the best! This is my second convertible. My first convertible was a Triumph Spitfire with a manual top. Interior is well designed and the handling is by far one of the best experience of any sports car I've driven. I love the sound of the engine when changing gears...SWEET!!!!!
Suggested Improvements
Cheaper price for the battery. I replaced the battery at 80K miles at a whopping cost of $304, Ouch!! Definitely would love the Sport Package with the boosted padded seats (heated) and HK sound system. I can do without the 17" sport tires since the ride would be not as smooth with the 15" tires.