2001 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Who said BMW was reliable?

2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

2001 BMW 3 Series

Who said BMW was reliable?
By Picky Driver on

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Simply put, great piece of driving engineering. But, The Germans really need to figure out better electronic systems. I love my BMW, purchased it with 78,000 miles, and grabbed a 2 year extended warranty for 2,500. Totaling 19,500. THE FACTS - I researched the car vigilantly before I went to the dealership. Leaning towards not purchasing a BMW before I even step onto the lot. But, I wanted to drive the car, then make a decision. DO NOT do this if you are comparing the BMW to say a HONDA or Toyota. There is no comparison and is not fair. Beautiful to look at, a real treat to drive around in. WARNING!!! - I spent about 3,000 on repairs in 2 years. Lucky me, the warranty covered 90% of it.

Smooth acceleration, tight gripping of the road... even for a 4dr sedan. Maxing out at 190 hp. Sports package gave it a special interior, more sexy then standard one. My girlfriend has a 2007 Honda civic. The civic feels like a lawn mower compared to my BMW.

Electronic devises. Two window motors... which I was aware of after reading hundreds of consumer reports just didn't realize they charge 300 a pop. The little things were apparently not a priority.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review