Love This Car
By Jeff on
2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I've had my 330i for 10 years and dread the day I have to give it up. I've had some minor problems, but over 6 years out of warranty I've spent less than $1,000 on repairs and maintenance. User forums have saved me considerably, e.g., found good replacement battery for $75 at Autozone; repaired runaway blower motor by replacing a resister; replaced brake pads and preserved wear sensors. The real joy is in the ride; great handling and a feel for the road you just don't find in other cars. I test drove this car down a winding road and was sold at the first hard turn and lost all my bargaining leverage when I gave a little moan of pleasure(the dealer knew what he was doing).
Favorite Features
Handling is unbelievable. Mileage is good,sometimes exceeds 30 mpg on highway. Ride is smooth with the right tires (General Exclaims). Leather is just showing some wear on the piping after 102,000 miles. The dynamic stability control makes it difficult to even force a spin in snowy conditions.
Suggested Improvements
Windshield must be soft glass and I was considering replacing because of all the minuscule chips that reduced vision when looking into the sun. Fortunately, I was hit by a rock and had to replace the window. Wheel well liner is too easily damaged by heavy snow and ice (but easily replaced).