2001 BMW 3 Series 2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Love The Look, Too Many

2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

325i Sedan (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Love The Look, Too Many Little Problems
By JoeH on

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the 325i sedan used in July 2002. I loved the look and passed up a similarly priced Lexus because of the look and nameplate. It was a mistake. I must have had it in the shop at least 6 times in the 15 months that I had it. The window came off the track (2x), the front passenger door leaked (2x), brake pad replacement, and even once when the engine just started smoking and stalled at a stop light! The leather interior is inferior to the Lexus as well. Overall I really wanted to like the car, but too many little problems will keep me from buying it again.

Favorite Features

The dealership. Since it was still under the original warranty, they gave me free services, all my problems were fixed on the car for free, and the little perks like car wash, cookies, drinks, internet access, etc... was wonderful. Also liked misc. features not found on cheaper cars.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality! If I'm buying a car that expensive, I expect to get quality for my money spent.