2001 BMW 3 Series 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - I love my 330i

2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

330i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I love my 330i
By joefriday on

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is by far the best car I have ever owned. It is very well engineered and a joy to drive. I have a manual transmission and the sport package, which includes staggered wheels and low profile tires. It is the equal of any sports car I have driven. The best word I can think of to describe the car is "balance". Besides its 50/50 weight distribution, it has a great balance of engine power -- not a lot, but fine for this car. The suspension is a good balance between between handling and a comfortable ride. The car is a good balance between sport and luxury. The only negative is that the car has a rattle. I don't mind it, but I'm sure it would annoy some.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the engine. It revs smoothly and eagerly. Its power delivery is very linear. And like any BMW, the handling is fantastic. The car provides just the right amount of feedback and has just the right amount of controlability. I feel like Juan Pablo Montoya.

Suggested Improvements

One thing I would change would be to make the shifter throws shorter. I would also like to see a better climate control system. It really is not automatic. BMW should copy the climate control on the Honda Accord EX