Do Not Buy This Car!!!!!!!!
By kdub12 on
2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
Yes, I bought this car and ALL The Drama That Comes With It. This is the Worst BMW I have ever owned, and I have owned 4 others throughout the years. Sadly, I could not recommend any current BMW based on this one, as unfair as that may be. I bought this less than 1 year ago and 4 mos later, started dumping in money. The 'check engine light' comes on about every 1-2 months. I have had to replace all 4 oxygen sensors to the tune of $800+, new trans. cause the 'reverse' went out (inherent problem whether 27 or 150,000mi. I found out. All new tires, for various reasons, now needs an air flow sensor, hopefully all.
Favorite Features
Even though it drives well, has great pickup and power, and looks good - all these things will fade into the recesses of your mind once you take one on. All you will see are Bills, bills and more bills. When I was looking to see what kind of tires this car came with, the very first thing I saw on a blog was "Yes, I own a 2001 330i and all the drama that comes with it". This was just on a tire site, mind you. Not a site where people are discussing problems. Sad, just plain sad. BMW wouldn't even recall the faulty and poorly produced transmission even though there were thousands of complaints.
Suggested Improvements
Even if clean, it still has inherent probs. Going to get the 1980, 320 out of my backyard and fix it up. The 330i has used up all my savings. It's a total gas hog, requires the most expensive oil, and every engine warning light requires anywhere from $500-$5,000 worth of repairs. Did I say - Don't Buy This Car. Best advice I can pass along from a sad sad experience. Look cool with something else and learn from my mistakes...please!