Check before you buy
By hadjistefcho on
2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)
I got it used at 69000 miles. Amazed by low end torque, but annoyed by DSC intervention at quick take offs. Engine sounds nice even at high rpm, exhaust as well all the time. Quiet and comfortable ride. Nice and precise handling all the time. Lots of available upgrades for power, styling and suspension, although most are gimmicks. The car is fun as she is, but supercharger will make her a beast. On the bad side: door and window trims loosen and need to be glued over and over. Stalls due to needed software update. Control arms and bushings need replacement after 70000 miles. Sunroof shade fixed due to poor materials used. Snow tires are a must in snow. High maintenance unless DIY.
Favorite Features
Power at first and second gear. Precise manual shifts and stick shift feel. It has a spring that returns the stick back to neutral. Very addictive engine sound. When not listening to the engine, audio systems is a nice alternative.
Suggested Improvements
I can't think of any. If you want more power, get E46 M3 or install upgrades. If you want more luxury and room, buy 5 or 7 series. If you are annoyed by entry/exit the car purchase sedan version. I am so sorry that I sold her. The car handled exactly the way I wanted her to.