2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
This Car Is The Standard
By MikeLeeman on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my fifth BMW. I've had a 635, two sevens and an E36 M3, and this one is every bit as much fun as those, even if it isn't as flashy. It's the perfect integration of performance, style and practicality.

Unhappy BMW Owner
By unhappy_owner on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We were always at service having it repaired. The following items broke on it before it got to 30000 miles. 3 window motors (each separately), Door Panel fell off, FM Radio broke, Air Conditioner Broke, Sunroof broke Vista BMW was the worst dealership to deal with. We are trying to end our lease now with 6000 miles under contract and they never disclosed a $350 disposition fee which they now say we have to pay just to give them back the car. We were never told about this fee and were rushed to sign the contract back in 2001. We wasted 7 different trips to service to fix problems with the car. Never buy a BMW! especially from Vista BMW.

For Entry Level BMW,Just plain nasty!
By BULLDOG on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this 2001 BMW 325i on Jan 31,2004 in Dallas and drove home to Memphis(500 miles) the same day.I still have a smile.What looks!What handling!I was worried about acceleration and power of 325 vs 330.Don't be.I had trouble keeping the car under 80-90 MPH!At this speed,it feels like 60 in most cars.The xenons and Harmon Kardon are marvelous.Get the Sports package.Why didn't I at least test drive and thus buy a BMW 15 years earlier!

Great Car but Expensive to Maintain
By BimmerMan1000 on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

While I love driving this car I can't recommend it due to the expense of maintaining the vehicle. Shortly after the warranty expired the vehicle needed $2,000 in repairs.

Pure FUN
By BMW330i on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is pure fun. It goes as fast as you want to make it w/o hesistation. Even though it's not the fastest car on the road, it feels that way. I drove it from MD to montreal during the winter months on summer tire (I have the sport package) and the car was extrememly drivable in the snow. The reason is because of DSC (dynamic stability control), it worked extremely well. By the way, it also saves you from getting into an accident by helping you not loose control of the car. In terms of realiablity, it's been great so far and I'm also not worried because I have extended waranty.

BMW 330i
By Ghirschfeld on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Flawless performance. Never been to the shop. Corners like it is on rails. Excellent acceleration

Shop Visitor
By TGL on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The BMW 325xi is a well-built, sporty, exceptionally-handling vehicle. It's fun to drive, handles well in snow and ice and very well designed. The only problems I've experienced is that it's difficult to keep out of the dealer's service department - have had many, many minor headaches, electrical bugs, warning lights, and other minor headaches.

Best Car Yet!!!
By Feed 'em Beans on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Almost three years and 41,000 miles and I love this car as much as the day I bought it. Still tight, fun to drive, great power curve. Looking ahead a few years to my next one!!!!

Driving a LEMON
By K Vu on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Biggest lemon I ever bought! My 1st new car a 325I, thought it was a dream. But the dream didn't last long at all! After 4 mo., bout 4000 mi. it became the "CAR FROM HELL". Psgr wind. got stuck, then driver, then rear psgr. To make the matters worse pass. wind. started leaking from rain after repair for sticking. I heard of car pool, but this is ridiculous. To top it all off my dr. side wind. is leaking too, after repair for sticking. Still leaks after 9 repairs. Now waiting for response for Lemon Law Case from BMW attorneys. They'll try to fight it but don't give in! If you have this car you def. have a case against them & will WIN!

As sour as a LEMON
By yan94us on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

AT the time of this writing we were in process of a settlement from BMW on the LEMON we've filed on our car. First, the front driver-side window didn't work. Then, the front passenger-side didn't work, we were told the regulator for both sides went bad. Eventually, all four regulator was bad and replaced. The most important problem we had was the rain leaking through the interior and soaking our front driver- side, the problem never stop since. Also, there were times when we had the BMW emblem falling off, clear coat paint was so thin that bird droppings peeled the paint.