2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
My fifth BMW
By ecsail on 11/13/04 13:20 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Yes, that's right. This is my fifth BMW. I buy these cars because they have excellent design inside and out, they are built well, and they are a lot of fun to drive. This car has been a little disappointing, however. Unlike every other BMW I have owned, this one has given me a little trouble. It cost me about $1100 so far. Hopefully,the problem is fixed. I have 121,000 miles on this car and not a rattle or vibration anywhere. Still rides and drives like new! I can't help it - I love these cars! This is the first one ever to give me a problem.

Love my car
By Troy C on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The 325i is the best car Ive ever owned.It has plenty of power and drives like a dream.The only squibble is that its expensive to work on.I lovedriving it anywhere.

poor quality windows
By martyd on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it through euro program (excellent option). Love to drive this car, but quality could be improved. It's great in the snow/ice - better than most SUVs. Driver side window motor failed soon after warranty expired. Already have full new set of brakes at 60k miles for $1100. Love only needing oil service every 15000. Fits family of four quite well with good trunk space.

BMW AWD Wagon
By Matthew456 on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The all-wheel drive wagon is a great car. You don't see a ton of them on the roads, but that's a good thing in this day and age where everyone has the same maroon ford expedition. It is an absolute monster in snow and ice. The X system teamed with the DSC's ability to manage the anti-lock brakes one at a time for "zero-yaw" means you go exactly where you want to go in bad conditions. We went all over the Alps and US Rockies for three years in it. Holds a lot of gear in the back, but still looks and drives like a performance sedan... but with really good mileage. We've gotten ~23 city and 30 highway. Buy one if you can find one.

never again
By lg72 on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

In the 2 years I've owned this car I've had to replace 4 power window motors, 3 diff sensors and some temp gauge for the A/C... thank god it's under warranty. But the warranty expires in Nov and I'm selling and never buying another BMW. Way too high maintenace. The roadside assistance guy told me they're great in the Alps... but that's about it.

Be Afraid, Be VERY Afraid
By DowninTX on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I warn you - do NOT buy a BMW! I was very excited when I bought my BMW 325i new in 2001 - after shelling out lots of cash for the car, I expected it to hold up, but I was let down quickly. In the 3 years that I've owned the car, I've had to replace all of the window motors, sunroof motor, CD player, engine sensor, & now my air conditioner!!! CRAZY!!!!!!!

Best car I have ever owned
By Caduceus on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Awesome car. My wife and bought this car in May and love it. We fight over who gets to drive it. I also own a Corvette and can honestly say that the 2001 BMW 330i is more fun to drive!

back-n-black
By missnlinc on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

what a car! I have always dreamed about owning a bimmer and this car does not dissapoint. nothing like smokin' other cars (supposedly with more horsepower) day & night. truly the ultimate driving machine.

My car
By admin1 on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I looooooooove my car!

Love The Look, Too Many Little Problems
By JoeH on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the 325i sedan used in July 2002. I loved the look and passed up a similarly priced Lexus because of the look and nameplate. It was a mistake. I must have had it in the shop at least 6 times in the 15 months that I had it. The window came off the track (2x), the front passenger door leaked (2x), brake pad replacement, and even once when the engine just started smoking and stalled at a stop light! The leather interior is inferior to the Lexus as well. Overall I really wanted to like the car, but too many little problems will keep me from buying it again.