2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Such a disappointment
By Frank on 08/09/06 10:05 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since the intro of the E46 body style I drooled at each passing BMW. I finally had the oppt to purchase a red 330i and I couldnít have been more excited. Boy, what a let down. Problem after problem after problem. I have replaced 3 rear tires. There is something wrong with the rim and they deflate and boom. The tire dealer says that he canít find anything wrong with it. I have replaced 2 turn signal bulbs and 1 headlamp bulb. Recently, I had to reseat the other headlamp because it just stopped working. I have had the window problem with the regulator but was able to fix myself (it still cost me $116 in parts). And donít get me started with the AC. I could go on. Donít buy this car!

2001 330ci
By benitocellini on 07/27/06 10:41 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is still a hoot to drive and it still gets envious stares after more than six years. Seems quite quick, stops on a dime and corners with ease (I can't get the tires to squeal). Very hard to fault it in any way. I'm thinking about moving up to a Jag XK or BMW 650, for highway comfort, but I'll miss the agility and easy parking.

Best car I have ever owned!!
By Cary A. Storchan on 06/08/06 08:24 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Before I leased this car in 2001, I had driven much larger sedans, (Audi, Acura, Infiniti) and never considered a much smaller car. That is until I drove the BMW 330xi. I bought the car in 2004 when it came off lease and have continued to enjoy as much as the first time I drove it. I have enhanced it's performance with several Dinan add-ons. and it performs like a bat out of hell. Other than routine maintenance, and the addition of the Dinan equipment, the car has not required any service. The AWD feature is a great in the winter, in the rain, on the highways and on the track. Most of driving involves road trips and I generally average almost 30 mpg. The car handles like a dream.

Worth Every Dime
By MotoMook on 05/31/06 15:54 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Having put 6-figures on both Hondas and Acuras, I was a "reluctant adopter" of the blue propeller. After my first 160,000 miles I cannot say enough about the fabled BMW experience. Not a rattle, timeless looks (IMHO) and the standard suspension splits the difference between firm and comfy brilliantly. The 6- banger is the smoothest ever and the "mere" 175 hp feels like a lot more. Durable? I hit a cow at 60 mph and drove my car home UNINJURED without ANY leaky fluids ($8000 damage). I swear by the 3 platform...

Sporty Fun for your four legged kids
By Sporty Furry Fun on 04/05/06 13:54 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a SPORTS WAGON at its best. It drives like a small sports car, yet has the capacity of most larger SUVs. We load our dogs and bikes for weekend camping/hikes and golfing trips. The built in pet screen is great for safety and keeping the furry snouts in the back of the car. We love this car, plan to keep it for years.

Fun family hauler
By boombatz on 03/21/06 05:20 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Sport / Premium package a must have! Corners on like it's reading your mind first. Immediate response from the wheel with minimal body roll & incredible balance for a wagon. For extra fun, switch off DSC & find the twistiest road around. Excellent build quality & reliability, no major problems. I use it more than my Trailblazer for family trips. Cargo area is cavernous, easily fitting a double stroller & weekend luggage for wife 2 kids & I.

What a car!!!
By Djovanovic on 03/17/06 09:44 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2001 325Ci in February 2006. Although I've had it only for a short time, I am in love! The handling is amazing. I drop the top every chance I get and boy does it turn heads driving down the street. Even my 4 year old daughter and wife can't get enough. After researching and driving the Volvo C70 and the Saab 9-3, I am confident that I made the right choice with the Bimmer. I actually look forward to running to the store to pick up eggs or milk, because I get to drive my car!

I LOVE MY CAR!
By JessicainFrederick on 02/26/06 08:52 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I would buy this car again in a heartbeat. I have never had a problem with it. It's fun to drive, zippy! With the exception of a couple of dings, still looks, feel and drives as if it was brand new.

good car
By coupequattro on 02/17/06 13:57 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car is fun to drive. Handles well in dry summer driving. I'm not impressed with the all wheel drive in DSC mode. My 1990 Coupe Quattro could run circles around the 325xi in snow. With the DSC shut off the car is very unsafe unless you have a good snow tire on it. I also removed the CDV which made a HUGE difference in clutch/shifting performance. If you have a manual get rid of the CDV and save your clutch... I also don't believe in the 15ooo mile oil service. Take oil filler cap on your valve cover after 7k miles and look at the yellow and white sludge in there... Change the oil every 2500-3000 miles and you will not see that build up. If buying used have the car inspected at indep. shop

AWD BMW Wagon is hard to beat
By MYBIRD67 on 01/16/06 18:21 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was looking for a small SUV when I found this jewel. I was sold by the combination of the AWD and manual transmission. It handles like you would expect a BMW 3 series would, with the amazing bonus of all-weather traction plus 30 mpg highway. This car takes me and my ski-racing kids to ski areas all winter long and has not let us down. Once the vehicle went out of warranty I turned its service over to an independent BMW mechanic. So long as you stay current on recommended maintenance. Only issue has been a water pump failure requiring a tow - $380 later back on the road with no problems. The sport package is worth it for the bolstered seats. My favorite winter driver ever.