2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Worth Every Dime
By MotoMook on 05/31/06 15:54 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Having put 6-figures on both Hondas and Acuras, I was a "reluctant adopter" of the blue propeller. After my first 160,000 miles I cannot say enough about the fabled BMW experience. Not a rattle, timeless looks (IMHO) and the standard suspension splits the difference between firm and comfy brilliantly. The 6- banger is the smoothest ever and the "mere" 175 hp feels like a lot more. Durable? I hit a cow at 60 mph and drove my car home UNINJURED without ANY leaky fluids ($8000 damage). I swear by the 3 platform...

Sporty Fun for your four legged kids
By Sporty Furry Fun on 04/05/06 13:54 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a SPORTS WAGON at its best. It drives like a small sports car, yet has the capacity of most larger SUVs. We load our dogs and bikes for weekend camping/hikes and golfing trips. The built in pet screen is great for safety and keeping the furry snouts in the back of the car. We love this car, plan to keep it for years.

Fun family hauler
By boombatz on 03/21/06 05:20 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Sport / Premium package a must have! Corners on like it's reading your mind first. Immediate response from the wheel with minimal body roll & incredible balance for a wagon. For extra fun, switch off DSC & find the twistiest road around. Excellent build quality & reliability, no major problems. I use it more than my Trailblazer for family trips. Cargo area is cavernous, easily fitting a double stroller & weekend luggage for wife 2 kids & I.

What a car!!!
By Djovanovic on 03/17/06 09:44 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2001 325Ci in February 2006. Although I've had it only for a short time, I am in love! The handling is amazing. I drop the top every chance I get and boy does it turn heads driving down the street. Even my 4 year old daughter and wife can't get enough. After researching and driving the Volvo C70 and the Saab 9-3, I am confident that I made the right choice with the Bimmer. I actually look forward to running to the store to pick up eggs or milk, because I get to drive my car!

I LOVE MY CAR!
By JessicainFrederick on 02/26/06 08:52 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I would buy this car again in a heartbeat. I have never had a problem with it. It's fun to drive, zippy! With the exception of a couple of dings, still looks, feel and drives as if it was brand new.

good car
By coupequattro on 02/17/06 13:57 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car is fun to drive. Handles well in dry summer driving. I'm not impressed with the all wheel drive in DSC mode. My 1990 Coupe Quattro could run circles around the 325xi in snow. With the DSC shut off the car is very unsafe unless you have a good snow tire on it. I also removed the CDV which made a HUGE difference in clutch/shifting performance. If you have a manual get rid of the CDV and save your clutch... I also don't believe in the 15ooo mile oil service. Take oil filler cap on your valve cover after 7k miles and look at the yellow and white sludge in there... Change the oil every 2500-3000 miles and you will not see that build up. If buying used have the car inspected at indep. shop

AWD BMW Wagon is hard to beat
By MYBIRD67 on 01/16/06 18:21 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was looking for a small SUV when I found this jewel. I was sold by the combination of the AWD and manual transmission. It handles like you would expect a BMW 3 series would, with the amazing bonus of all-weather traction plus 30 mpg highway. This car takes me and my ski-racing kids to ski areas all winter long and has not let us down. Once the vehicle went out of warranty I turned its service over to an independent BMW mechanic. So long as you stay current on recommended maintenance. Only issue has been a water pump failure requiring a tow - $380 later back on the road with no problems. The sport package is worth it for the bolstered seats. My favorite winter driver ever.

Still fun
By cabimmer on 12/30/05 18:15 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car after owning a 95 M3 for its four doors, steptronic tranny and luxury features. Still fun to drive, always feel the difference after being in the wife's Lexus SUV. BMW engine, tranny and handling are great, but the interior and electronics are subpar. The newer ones are getting better, but I just don't think the germans know as much about electronics as the japanese do (I've owned 2 BMW's, 2 VW's, and 2 Honda's). On the flip side, BMW just feels better on the road than the japanese cars do. Overall a very positive experience!

2001 325i
By bakedflounder on 12/24/05 10:25 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just got this car and am blown away by all the well-thought-out features. It's classy, fast and luxurious. This car combines sports performace with luxury. I don't feel like I'm in a tin can at all... VERY SOLID.

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By David on 11/09/05 18:20 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 2 months and I can honestly say it's the greatest. The performance, engineering, and looks are second-to-none. I've never had so many compliments from total strangers, which really makes me feel good. I've had absolutely no problems with the car since I've had it. The only downside might be the high-cost maintenance procedures. I can do them myself, but if they are done by the dealership, prices are quite high. If you can bleed brakes and change brake pads, change hoses and flush coolant, and change engine belts, then you'll have no problem with this car. Buy a manual, and you'll be fine.