2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Total Experience
By unix2me on 08/08/05 22:24 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I fall into the "always wanted one" category. I finally succumbed to my desire in Sept 04. I only wish I had bought one long before. I opted for the 330 because i wanted the additonal power and creature comforts standard on the 330. The minute I test drove the car I was grinning from ear to ear as the smooth acceleration pushed me into the seat. Stylish, fast with great brakes. Expensive to maintain. Don't buy this model if your not a serious driving enthusiast. Save yourself a few bucks and opt for the 325. But for those of you who love to drive and have the $$$... then this is the car for you.

Unreliable!
By Brian on 06/11/05 16:38 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just spent over $3,000 for numerous problems: A/C - evaporator leaking ($2,400), Window regulator, $450 - my second window regulator replacement! Also, strange thumping sound from right undercarriage (arm bushings?) $500. The next day the service engine soon light comes on and the oil pressure warning. Ridiculous at 69k miles.

Flawless 4 yr 330xi
By EJKrew on 03/05/05 19:54 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car has been trouble free and a blast to drive. No need to worry about the weather ahead of you with full time AWD! Oil changes and brake fluid replacement has been all that has been needed. Rock solid, no rattles or squeaks.

Its a blast !!!
By Double D on 02/07/05 20:53 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2001 BMW 330i CPO car, which is the only way to go but typically will cost you a few more duckies. Great car, tremendous torque versus the 325i and the steptronic AT is perfect. No complaints except for a tall person, its a little tough getting in and out.

Used 2001 BMW 330 XI
By Laurie on 01/31/05 18:31 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this car used 2 years ago and our love affair with it has not ceased from the moment it first beautified our driveway. Fun to drive (I wanted a manual and am so pleased with the 5-speed manual on this car), great power, looks gorgeous, fantastic Harmon-Kardon stereo system (stuck in traffic? great!) and did I mention fun to drive? Also, no mechanical/reliability issues and the minor issues that have popped up were covered under BMW's used- car extended warranty.

The Perfect Car
By tslbmw on 01/20/05 14:43 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car used, with 42K miles, White, Sport pkg, 5 spd, Premium pkg, Leather, & Xenons. I believe that this car is the perfect combination of sport/balance/speed & comfort/everyday livablity. It houses two car seats in the back (although the back seat is a little tight) which is great for the family; yet, is a blast to drive on your favorite backroad. The silky smooth six is just as advertised ...PERFECT! If you've got the extra dough, the 330 is definitely worth it over the 325 ... but you'll be happy with either one. I highly recommend owning a 3 series (w/the sport pkg & manual tranny), you won't regret it!

Excellent Car
By Jonathan Pajarito on 12/28/04 16:59 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The BMW 330I is always fun to drive. It has excellent performance and very reliable. It gives me sheer joy just driving it.

My 2nd 3 Series
By tslbmw on 12/21/04 15:06 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After owning a 91 318is, I knew that my next car would be another Bimmer. My new (to me) 01 BMW 330i, white/tan leather, 5 spd, premium pkg, sport pkg, HK sound system & Xenon, is a major step forward. Everything from the silky smooth I6 and perfect manual tranny to the beautiful exterior (especially the M style double spoke wheels included in the sport pkg) and purposeful interior are BMW perfect. The mid range torque is neverending and the car corners like it's on rails. I find the lighter steering effort around town to be fine; however, a little more feedback wouldn't be a bad thing. This is a great car that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a TRUE SPORTS sedan.

a winner
By RH on 12/02/04 17:34 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have never driven a 'tighter' vehicle in all of my driving years (40 years+). I am impressed with everything about this vehicle...from the design to the power and added amenities. It is a 'fun' drive. The only issue that I unwittingly experienced was the 'service engine soon' light coming on unexepectedly once. For fear of causing damage, I immediately called the dealer. They suggested that I probably didn't put the gas cap back on correctly after a recent gas fill. They were right...a simple fix. I love the car and will buy again.

Lemon?
By bhunter on 12/01/04 18:01 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Have loved driving the car, although as mentioned previously, the sound system is lame, the defroster is 100% fullblast or nothing, and we too have had tire/wheel issues. We have had it in the shop 16 times in 3.5 years for various problems, almost every other month since we bought it.The service managers say, "It's a high performance vehicle", to which I reply,"It's a high maintenance vehicle." What about that famous engineering? I'd never buy another, it's not that fun, and the reality is, most driving is commuting in heavy traffic, little chance to enjoy the performance within.