2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
dual personality: driver / track toy
By thrak-rhatt on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

one must take this car to a drivers school to appreciate the brilliant work the bmw /M folks did in the suspension tune. superb handling. the track is the only place one can sanely extract the performance this car offers, which is considerable: i chased down a pair of itb racers in my run group who were leaving me for dead on the straights. better still, the car does not beat you up day-2-day, offers quite good fuel economy, is reasonable to insure, and is drop-dead gorgeous to look at. the price of admission is high, but in this case you do get what you pay for.

BMW's review
By Stefano Vranca on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car is wonderful driving machine. It handles very well. I had a few problems with some fixtures but overall I am very satisfied.

Love my BMW
By Tim Spann on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

the greatest car I have ever driven

After one year...
By Vesuvius on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Okay, so after one year of having driven this vehicle, I can truthfully say that it's the best car I've ever owned. Still looks "showroom", solid build, handles well, excellent interior materials, etc. I too had the fan replacement, then ANOTHER just 6 weeks later! BUT, they were very courteous and had my vehicle back to me in less than one day on both occasions. The Sports Package would have been a nice addition for the lowered suspension and bolstered seats. I find that my center of gravity is simply too high to perform some of the driving I like/attempt. I just felt that I had to chime-in to offset that previous, completely bad review.

WOW
By Birdman on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Test drove the Audi A6 and the Acura TL and there is nothing like the BMW 325. It drives like a dream because of its silky smooth transmission, fast acceleration, and great suspension. Once you drive this car not other will fell the same.

High priced sportsedan.
By edhchoe on 03/11/02 04:07 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The list of standard features do not include leather, powerseats, or even center armrest. However, this is the ultimate driving machine with the utmost finish quality. Get one if you can afford one.

Can't go wrong with one of these.
By daswolf on 03/10/02 22:41 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

There are faster cars, there are better handling cars, there are more luxurious cars - BUT nobody has the whole driving package as well balanced, in this car category, as BMW does. 6 months later and I still have a big grin when I'm walking out the office door to the parking lot. If your shopping around, drive your other options first. That will save you the return trip to the BMW dealer.

Another Great One
By E-Train on 02/27/02 11:43 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my 325 for a year now, and I love it. It's the total package, great looks and performance. I have the sport package, which I think is a must have. The beamer looks great with the upgraded wheel package. I would recommend this car to anyone who enjoys driving. I love driving it.