Used 2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Love The Look, Too Many Little Problems
By JoeH

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the 325i sedan used in July 2002. I loved the look and passed up a similarly priced Lexus because of the look and nameplate. It was a mistake. I must have had it in the shop at least 6 times in the 15 months that I had it. The window came off the track (2x), the front passenger door leaked (2x), brake pad replacement, and even once when the engine just started smoking and stalled at a stop light! The leather interior is inferior to the Lexus as well. Overall I really wanted to like the car, but too many little problems will keep me from buying it again.

The dealership. Since it was still under the original warranty, they gave me free services, all my problems were fixed on the car for free, and the little perks like car wash, cookies, drinks, internet access, etc... was wonderful. Also liked misc. features not found on cheaper cars.

Build quality! If I'm buying a car that expensive, I expect to get quality for my money spent.

Nice Car!
By strawberries

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used in January 2004. Engine is really smooth. Don't worry about the power of this car because it has lots of power. Fuel economy is excellent too. I Highly recommend this BMW!

Engine, style, xenon lights, and good turning characteristics.

More standard features(almost everything is an option) and more room in the backseat.

Unhappy BMW Owner
By unhappy_owner

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We were always at service having it repaired. The following items broke on it before it got to 30000 miles. 3 window motors (each separately), Door Panel fell off, FM Radio broke, Air Conditioner Broke, Sunroof broke Vista BMW was the worst dealership to deal with. We are trying to end our lease now with 6000 miles under contract and they never disclosed a $350 disposition fee which they now say we have to pay just to give them back the car. We were never told about this fee and were rushed to sign the contract back in 2001. We wasted 7 different trips to service to fix problems with the car. Never buy a BMW! especially from Vista BMW.

None.

Improve windows, AC, sunroof, radio, and seat comfort. Make door panels that don't fall off. Get rid of BMW's Disposition Fee at the end of the lease. They make you pay them $350 if you don't get another lease with them. That is pretty slimy.

For Entry Level BMW,Just plain nasty!
By BULLDOG

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this 2001 BMW 325i on Jan 31,2004 in Dallas and drove home to Memphis(500 miles) the same day.I still have a smile.What looks!What handling!I was worried about acceleration and power of 325 vs 330.Don't be.I had trouble keeping the car under 80-90 MPH!At this speed,it feels like 60 in most cars.The xenons and Harmon Kardon are marvelous.Get the Sports package.Why didn't I at least test drive and thus buy a BMW 15 years earlier!

Styling inside and out.Orange illumination at night.Sport package.HK sound system.Xenons.Just plain "Nasty" for 4 DR sedan!

First aid kit.More interior storage space for CD's and Sunglasses near driver.Lumbar support.Rear cup holders.Standard heated seats and 60/40 fold down rear seats.

Great Car but Expensive to Maintain
By BimmerMan1000

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

While I love driving this car I can't recommend it due to the expense of maintaining the vehicle. Shortly after the warranty expired the vehicle needed $2,000 in repairs.