2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Like true love, I'm head over heels.
By True Love! on 11/27/06 18:06 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Now, I've only had my 2001 BMW 325i for a week, and who knows what will happen, mechanic wise. But, I have never had a car that made me grin ear to ear like my BMW has. Even though I bought it as a used car, the car looks brand new, and feels brand new. Acceleration is smooth and has good pick up especially in higher RPMs. Fantasic exterior, and interior! That being said I can tell already my rear pasgr window is sticking, and will probably need to be replaced! Lucky for me 2 year factory warranty for 3G was not something I was going to gamble with! So, off to the shop in probably in a month! But, it dosn't change the fact that my BMW is the most fun car I've ever driven.

Compromises with Few Compromises
By VA22204guy on 11/21/06 09:28 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased this car with 44k miles. Has nearly every option available (sport pkg, xenon, winter, auto). Little did I know how expensive the 50k mi checkup would be $1,400! In addition, I had to replace all four wheels/tires with the horrible Wash, DC potholes. Stuck with the OEM Contis -- mediocre but not too expensive. So, I found the secret to keeping the tires/rims OK: Inflate to 38psi. That stopped the sidewall bubbles and I haven't had a rim problem since (except for my poor parking skills). Since the $1,400 job (two years ago), no major issues. Gas mileage isn't great (city+hwy ~21avg). The best small car I will ever own! Love the AWD, handling, engine, power. A handsome car.

Most fun and comfortable to drive.
By Edward on 10/18/06 11:44 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Best handling car and most comfortable to sit in for long drives that I have ever owned (including Lexus, Benz, and Toyota). Most costly I've ever owned to maintain other than Benz.

You must be ready to comprimise!
By Whytry on 09/16/06 13:55 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my car for a little while now and it seems to be holding up I had a few issues - the moonroof headliner is defective and BMW tried to charge me $1000.00 to fix it - just recall it please, it is defective! My driver's side window is sticking and I am afraid to get it fixed after reading the reviews here that say the window leaks after the repair! I keep burning oil and I will have to see what is causing that. Brakes go fast and cost $800.00 to change. And I had some loose exterior trim through seemingly no fault of my own. Loose interior grill on speaker. Loose mat anchor.

A Lifesaver
By Judy on 09/13/06 21:44 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I commute 50 miles round trip to work by way of a winding, mountainous road and this car made me look forward to going to work each day. It was easy to add an iPod cable, and the telescopic/tilt wheel and adjustable seats personalized the car to my body size. I had had the car for almost five years when a deer came out of nowhere and ran into my car, breaking the windows and spraying deer matter all over me and the inside of the car. I survived the accident, only receiving many small glass cuts, some bruising, and a few stitches. The bodyshop people were sure the car saved my life. I cried more for my car's death than for my injuries. What a great, reliable, fun car.

Loving the 330 sport sedan
By dan hartman on 08/21/06 13:18 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car new 6 years ago. Only had one problem: driver's window came off track. Fixed at no charge. Very satisfied. To have this level of performance (~6 second 0-60mph) and still get 30+ mpg on the highway at 75 mph is outstanding.

Great car to have and own!
By jtsbs119 on 08/15/06 15:04 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I make excuses to drive my car anywhere. It has plenty of power, for normal driving that is. The looks are great and the 330Ci draws a lot of attention. I have never had anything go wrong with the car and don't expect to either. My only complaint is the dealership, the two that I have to go to are pretty snobby and since I look so young I must not be worth helping. If you are considering buying one, make sure you have the sport and premium package.

My second 325xi wagon!
By Cessna67304 on 08/11/06 12:36 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second 325xi wagon. I love them. Versatile, fun, looks great. I'll drive them until they die.

Such a disappointment
By Frank on 08/09/06 10:05 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since the intro of the E46 body style I drooled at each passing BMW. I finally had the oppt to purchase a red 330i and I couldn’t have been more excited. Boy, what a let down. Problem after problem after problem. I have replaced 3 rear tires. There is something wrong with the rim and they deflate and boom. The tire dealer says that he can’t find anything wrong with it. I have replaced 2 turn signal bulbs and 1 headlamp bulb. Recently, I had to reseat the other headlamp because it just stopped working. I have had the window problem with the regulator but was able to fix myself (it still cost me $116 in parts). And don’t get me started with the AC. I could go on. Don’t buy this car!

2001 330ci
By benitocellini on 07/27/06 10:41 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is still a hoot to drive and it still gets envious stares after more than six years. Seems quite quick, stops on a dime and corners with ease (I can't get the tires to squeal). Very hard to fault it in any way. I'm thinking about moving up to a Jag XK or BMW 650, for highway comfort, but I'll miss the agility and easy parking.