2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great Car
By John R. on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive, very safe, and a great snow performer. This was a tough winter, and the car handled perfectly even in the worst conditions.

Still Fun
By J. B. on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love my BMW, but I too experienced the aux. fan failure two months into ownership. In my instance, I was left stranded in 95+ heat with two very young children. BMW Roadside Assistance took over two hours to arrive and sent a hook! I refused and one hour later a flatbed finally arrived. The dealership provided a 5 series loaner for almost six weeks...until they finally had aux. fans that worked. Since that time(18 months) the car has never missed a beat and is a wonderful car to drive. It is not "just another car."

Slightly disappointed
By Pawleykid on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the performance and handling, I could use 330 power but I expected this when I bought a 325i. Steering could be tighter. Looks and comfort are superb for my needs, friends love it. But I had problems especially with the and dealer. Car had musty smell in vents with air, it was fixed and now the odor is back. Both front windows off track adn repaired. squeaky trunk. Fuzzy AM radio. Car didn't start and was towed. Dealer found nothing wrong and it started for them? Otherwise car is a dream.

South African Lemon
By Ivan A. on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 325I that was build in South Africa, not Germany. extremely unreliable. The car stalls during starts any time it's below 70F. Not impressed with BMW service either. Perks are not up to luxury standard. My advice, buy a Lexus, Mercedes or new Infinity G35. I will never buy another BMW again.

Beemer
By abe on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive. The five speed is very responsive and the power curve in the upper gears is thrilling to use on the open highway and interstates. Need to be sure and have a radar detector installed or the insurance costs could be prohibitive. Ride is excellent and we were amazed at the fuel economy with the amount of power.

window's elevator problems
By juventus on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

great car! but already had 3 problems related to the windows. they get stuck! first it was the passenger side, then the drivers side now it's the rear right, in that aspect it has been a nightmare! great car to drive though.

DREAM CAR TURNED NIGHTMARE
By BRANDO on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I leased my BMW for 39 months. 45 days into the lease I was at a parking lot when the car surged and the engine revved up so high i had to put my parking brake on to control it. after being in the shop for 30 days they could not find what was wrong. it has been in the shop 6 times in the first year and a half for various mechanical reasons. i have had transmission problems, defrost problems, static on the radio, i am very disappointed in BMW and will never have another one.

Makes my commute a everyday Picnic Trip
By ram on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent tight handling in the curves. Its a dream in narrow long winding road - never driven a car that loves the road this much. Majestic dangerous bully look... I LOVE IT!

AWESOME MACHINE
By Warnz on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my first BMW in December of 2000 and love it, love it, love it. 24K miles now. Should have bought the sport package and exact opinions I wanted, but got antsy and bought one off the dealers lot. - a mistake you should not make. Premium package is a rip off, You can get most of the options seperate. I'm experiencing my first problem. Need to take it in next week - a creaking noise sometimes when turning the steering wheel. I am hooked on BMW!!

325i is Beautiful
By Freddie on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 2001 BMW 325i. I got it in Titanium Silver Metallic with Gray Leather and it is clean as a whistle. I bought it new and it still rides smoothly. I didn't expect to purchase one after I test drived one but this car is irresistable. The only car I would trade this in for is a BMW M3 Coupe.