Used 2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Solid Car
By KarFn

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've loved this car and am loathe to part with it (I've owned it for over 7 years). All is running great..knock wood. Never had any major maintenance issues. I love the way it drives...solid. Exterior is sporty. Interior is functional, yet basic. No complaints.

Loved this car for 4 years until....
By maverick1012

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for 4 years now and put atleast 20,000 miles on it per year. Drove many 5,000+ road trips, handled extremely well, love the power and acceleration. Loved the overall experience UNTIL this past January (1/09) my car decided to die. I quote my mechanic when I say "the car has demons!" It decided when it wants to start, stalls when it wants to, it's been in the shop for 3 weeks with no resolution. I absolutely loved this car until now :/

Comfortable interior, beautiful exterior, loved everything about it!

2001 BMW 325xi
By jeremypresnell

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Was a little afraid of purchasing this car up front based on what I have heard from other people about BMW's having bad electrical problems, etc. This car has been a very reliable car. No major work other than front CV joints at 110k miles, and front rocker arms at 120k miles. Other than that car has had very minor work... things like thermostat, rear brakes, and front window motor. Car actually gets about 25 mpg, not 20 which is what everywhere has it rated as. Vehicle is expensive to work on but rarely needs work. Not fast by any means but handles amazing. Mine is a manual transmission as well.

Cockpit interior design, fun to drive, great gas mileage.

Car could use more storage space (deeper center console mainly).

Fun Reliable Performance Car
By Adrian

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was not sure if I was going to buy a new Japanese car or a second hand BMW. I made the right choice. Even though this one is 7 years older than a Honda Accord, it handles a lot better, more comfortable and also is still an eye catcher considering its age!! I also ended up paying only $14,000 for it. I only had one problem so far. The heater blower had a mind by itself. I researched and found out I could buy the regulator and replace it myself under the glove box. The repair shop wanted $1000 for it.. it ended up costing me $79. I love it! I am considering buying Lexus next.

The power and speed. It handles best between 85 mph - 120 mph. From my own experience. It wants to go fast! Love the automatic transmission, smooth transitions. Love the overpowered steering!

Interior like Lexus. And I wish I had the premium package!!

Average Car
By kawliga

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have been buying 325is since '92 and this one is the I've kept the longest. These are fine cars but little things bug you and are expensive to fix. I'm sure I will switch to Honda, can't be any more trouble and a lot cheaper. Just finished a 3000 mile trip and averaged 32.2 with the automatic. I was pleased with that.

I think you sit up straighter when driving a BMW, not physically but emotionally.

Give me Honda/Toyota quality.