Used 2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2001 BMW 325 Ci
By DallasScott

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My experience with this car has been excellent. The fit and finish, along with the design, are top notch (as I would expect from a German manufacturer). I'm sold on BMWs and will plan on upgrading to a 5-series for my next car.

Favorite Features

Handling and overall design. Upgraded Harmon Kardon stereo well worth the expense.

Suggested Improvements

If I had to do it all over again, I would have gone for the 330 and the additional h.p. Not enough torque in the low gears.

325 Ci Coupe
By sdburnett

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a very nice car. I fell in love with the front looks of it! It handles very nice. I absolutely love the body style of the new BMWs!

Favorite Features

Sport Package, steering wheel controls (stereo, phone, cruise)

Nice but ....
By jc4642

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a nice car, but lacks the fit and finish expected in a car of this price. There are numerous squeaks and rattles that are quite annoying. It is fun to drive, lacks power in the low revs, but around 3500RPM it picks up nicely. One major complaint is the Auto-Manual shifter. To upshift you push forward, and pull it back for downshifting. This seemed backwards to me. Only trouble I had is a peice of door trim came loose, and the shade for the moonroof came off it's track once. Both issues were fixed by the dealer under warranty and without hassle. Overall, it's a good car, but a little overpriced for the quality.

Favorite Features

It drives and handles nicely, looks good too.

Suggested Improvements

Fit and Finish. BMW should pay more attention to detail, especially when it comes to how things fit together. Everything squeaks in this car when you drive down even a mildly rough surface, but not in my friends $20,000 truck. That's sad.

Silver Bullet!
By Schlebrock

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just recently bought my 2001 (silver) 325Ci from the local BMW dealer and it turned out to be everything I hoped for and more. Lexus, Infinity, and Mercedes all make nice cars but they didn't come close to the performance and awe- inspring looks that this vehicle has. Sure, other vehicles have more horsepower and options but in my opinion, they didn't compare. You owe it to yourself to go on an extended test drive before you make your next luxury car purchase.

Favorite Features

The 2-door coupe styling. Totally different from the 4-door sedan.

Suggested Improvements

More storage space in the center console. Better standard soundsystem.

unexplainable feeling, BMW!
By carlo

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

If you are picky about one or two repairs( which can happen to any manufacture ) this in not a car for you. But if the performance the handling or the safety such as 50/50 ratio is what matters, give it a try...

Favorite Features

handling, acceleration

Suggested Improvements

lumber support on every seat.