2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Driving a LEMON
By K Vu on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Biggest lemon I ever bought! My 1st new car a 325I, thought it was a dream. But the dream didn't last long at all! After 4 mo., bout 4000 mi. it became the "CAR FROM HELL". Psgr wind. got stuck, then driver, then rear psgr. To make the matters worse pass. wind. started leaking from rain after repair for sticking. I heard of car pool, but this is ridiculous. To top it all off my dr. side wind. is leaking too, after repair for sticking. Still leaks after 9 repairs. Now waiting for response for Lemon Law Case from BMW attorneys. They'll try to fight it but don't give in! If you have this car you def. have a case against them & will WIN!

As sour as a LEMON
By yan94us on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

AT the time of this writing we were in process of a settlement from BMW on the LEMON we've filed on our car. First, the front driver-side window didn't work. Then, the front passenger-side didn't work, we were told the regulator for both sides went bad. Eventually, all four regulator was bad and replaced. The most important problem we had was the rain leaking through the interior and soaking our front driver- side, the problem never stop since. Also, there were times when we had the BMW emblem falling off, clear coat paint was so thin that bird droppings peeled the paint.

Completely Happy
By Cfarmer on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW, I have had almost one of the other german autos and I have to say this is the finest of the bunch. Great style, excellent interior, plenty of power, and as good fuel milage as my past VW. THe other up is you don't feel like an old timer driving this car like I did in my Mercedes.

Noisy Engine
By Kel on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

First time BMW owner. Heard engine noise from front. Drove with a BMW senior technician. He said it's normal. You can notice the engine noise is louder than a 323i. I was told it's b'coz the engine is smaller compare to 323i but produce same power, and more noise! You can hear the car scream when it climbs a hill.

BMW 325i
By Gary Ross on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW and I have to admit I a sold! Best drive of all the cars I have had or been in. I travel a lot and rent many cars. I have also tried to keep US automakers in mind when purchasing but BMW wins hands down. This is a solid car with great all around appeal. It is also rated safer than the volvo on independent crash test. Finally the service is outstanding and hastle free. I recommend the 3 series to someone who wants quality and performance. It is a great car!!!

Beemer smiles per mile
By kasha on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The BMW 325i--what a dream car! It has luxury, power, awesome handling, safety and quality finishing inside and exterior. One awesome feature is the programmable door key that allows the electric seats and mirrors to be configured separately for two different drivers. The car also has enough rear legroom for the mother-in-law.

Gold Plated Brakes
By Earl on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Love the car! Bought it used from a Ford Dealer...HA! BMW dealerships were very reluctant to negotiate any. Car is just great. After 1 year, we had to replace brakes and rotors... typical for BMW. Cost around $800. We have good milage on brakes, but rotors usually have to be replaced with pads.

A Head Turner
By kygirl on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car has it all--style, performance, and quality-built features apparent even at a casual glance. It has real "get up and go" even though I wimped out and got the steptronic automatic transmission. In steptronic manual gear you can pretend you're driving a five-speed and merging into interstate traffic on a short ramp gets fun in sport gear! My only gripe with the 325i is the relatively cramped passenger room in the backseat. You'd better be close friends or family to ride three in the back. But, hey, this isn't a mini-van. If you want a performance car, get a BMW.

325 isn't what it was
By Ellah on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Don't think BMWs are what they once were. Window motors have failed on 2 windows, water leaks due to faulty seals and more have happened so far. The car is totally babied and it should be better than this.

Almost Perfect
By slohammer on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have to say that this is the best driving car I have ever owned. I bought a 2001 steel metallic blue 325i with sport package, premium package, heated seats, Xenon and purposely ordered a 5-speed. Believe it or not, only 1 in 10 3-series made are manuals. Why would you get an automatic for the "Ultimate Driving Machine"? The transmission on this machine is so smooth, it is just short of orgasmic! If you like to drive, buy a 3-series manual transmission, you'll save $1500 as well.