Used 2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

5 speed without the clutch
By John

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This was a great car. I had to sell due to it not being practical to carry clients in, but it performed well. The AC was a bit sporadic and I had to play with the control to get it to blow the right level.

I love the transmission. I love driving a 5 speed , but hate the clutch in traffic. I guess the purist 5 speed driver thinks it's a knock off, but the car performs so much better using the Steptronic transmission feature. I can't say I ever drove it as an automatic. The performance was excellent

Obviously...the cost of basic service. Parts are extremely expensive. Both control arms went before I sold it to the tune of $1,000. Having to set the vents for hot or cold air seems a bit ridiculous....When I had to do this I thought it was a KIA.

best of breed
By K-1

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The three series epitomizes what BMW is all about; performance with a touch of class and understated elegance.

Smooth engine performance, exterior style.

At this price, lack of a six-CD player is inexcusable. The seats could be more comfortable and the cupholder design is flawed.

I like driving now.
By Red Snap

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for over 2 years now and bought it used. Which is the way to go when getting a high end car. I like to drive now, didn't before, and don't plan on giving up the car anytime soon. I hope I can always own a BMW.

The pick-up, the cornering, the smooth ride, the look. The 4 year, 50,000 mile warranty on parts and service.

I'm 6' 3" and my head always rubs on the roof, even with the 12 adjustable seat at it's lowest point. That is annoying, need more headroom. The only other issue is that the sport tires I have about 2 flats a year. I have been lucky that they were around tire stores.

I like driving now.
By Red Snap

Low Mile's Bimmer
By Chgo. Bad Boy

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned BMW'S since my 1988 M3 & love my 2001 330CI for all the review's are correct. The only problem I have had was a bad front windshield for there where air bubble's in it which looked like over spray, replace it & is fine. The only problem which the dealer tried to fix many time's is a rattle in the passenger door but I credit the dealership for they tried everthing possible to resolve the problem but it is alot better but still is there. Being a big guy(46" chest)the sport seat do not fit me well so the dealer change's the wheel's to the sport package wheel's & all is fine. I wish they would offer the M3 seat that have adjustable side boldster's.

There really is nothing not to like.

I bought my 330CI before the upgraded radio was made standard but the stereo is week in power & can not be up- graded. The adjustable sport seat in the bolster area.