2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Smooth as Silk
By paonlou on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

3.0 litre engine packs nice punch, with tight handling to go along. Comfortable cockpit with great adjustable leather seats.

Yeah Baby
By zeeman on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has it all. Unbelievable handling and amenities. I got mine for $32,000 with the Sport Package, Premium Package, and Cold Weather Package. Once they take the major part of their depreciation hit, the car is a good buy. Test drove the Infiniti I35 which is a nice car but did not get me nearly as excited as the 330Ci.

LOVE IT!
By Stefan on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

LOVE IT EVEN MORE EVERY MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!

Great Car
By imy on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car! It is very comfortable for 2 people, the lumbar support is excellent and it's surprisingly quiet for a convertible. It's a great looking car and other than some initia trouble with the driver's side air bag/seat belt has run flawlessly.

Responsive Handling on Autobahn
By Go Army! on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I factory ordered my Bimmer last year and I must say that I've not had any problems with it. It is the best handling vehicle I've seen and experienced on the Autobahns in Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, France, etc. I'm very fortunate that I could drive this car to its limits (until the governor kicks in) and never have to worry about loosing control. I love BMW performance so much that I'll order a M3 next year.

2001 BMW 325 Ci
By DallasScott on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My experience with this car has been excellent. The fit and finish, along with the design, are top notch (as I would expect from a German manufacturer). I'm sold on BMWs and will plan on upgrading to a 5-series for my next car.

325 Ci Coupe
By sdburnett on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a very nice car. I fell in love with the front looks of it! It handles very nice. I absolutely love the body style of the new BMWs!

Nice but ....
By jc4642 on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a nice car, but lacks the fit and finish expected in a car of this price. There are numerous squeaks and rattles that are quite annoying. It is fun to drive, lacks power in the low revs, but around 3500RPM it picks up nicely. One major complaint is the Auto-Manual shifter. To upshift you push forward, and pull it back for downshifting. This seemed backwards to me. Only trouble I had is a peice of door trim came loose, and the shade for the moonroof came off it's track once. Both issues were fixed by the dealer under warranty and without hassle. Overall, it's a good car, but a little overpriced for the quality.

Can't Imagine Driving Anything but a BMW
By Tex330Ci on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had the car for 13 months and still can't believe it took me 31 years to discover BMW. The chasis design, coupled with the outstanding braking power and old-school steering (mine was made after 5/1) make this one of the funnest cars I can imagine. The acceleration is smooth and refined. You will not experience torque-steer or fading of the power band at any speed. The balance in the car is indescribable. The make-to-order buying experience was fantastic and I can't imagine owning anything else at this time.

330Ci - Ultimate Grinning Machine
By BrianE on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 330Ci puts a smile on my face every time I get in it, drive it, or wash+wax it. The car is literally a feast for the senses; the styling is pleasing down to the smallest detail, the exhaust note is throaty and powerful, the acceleration/handling is nimble and quick, and the Montana leather adds just enough to the atmosphere. Simply put, the car inspires confidence in its abilities and nurtures the drivers' abilities through the responsive feedback system and a generally forgiving nature. You feel safe in this car-- the brakes, the Dynamic Stability Control, the six-pack of airbags and the visibility at night with the Xenon headlights.