2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
An awesome car
By shopp1999 on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had 3 wonderful years in this car. We have travelled up and down the east coast through blinding snowstorms and enjoyed many trips up the north seacoast in the summer with the top down. A great car!!!

Great car, but...
By rhody on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW and I was very impressed with the quality of the overall package. It is very fun to drive and it handles well although it is not nearly as quick as I had hoped. The Steptronic system gives you the best of both worlds and helps a bit with the acceleration. I love this car, but if you live somewhere where it snows, don't let this be your only car!

Sleek
By KLS on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the 330Ci used w/ 45K miles. This car definitely turns heads. It's style and handling performance is quite impressive. We've encountered a few minor problems with sensors for the ABS and transmission but were easily resolved.

Terrific all-around car
By Brians01 on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 330Ci was purchased BMW Certified w/16,000 miles and it flawless shape. Dealer service is superb and is always "no questions asked" WRT my requests. The car is very quick, handles well (sport package), looks very sharp, and has numerous luxury features. The car has few faults. The steering wheel positioning (even w/tilt/telescope) takes some getting used to. Body roll is slightly excessive, given the sport suspension. I have owned an Audi TT and Lexus IS300 and I can say w/certainty that this car is a significant step above both of these cars, dealer service included.

the best car ever!
By tombrokaw on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

if you are considering a 330 ci, dont consider you will have no regrets, just buy it! \

Great car
By KB on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 330Ci is a great mix of handling, speed and comfort.

Know your preference
By JoeMarlin on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Without a doubt the performance is outstanding and the exterior design is quite elegant. I enjoy driving this vehicle. However, problems have made ownership much less satisfying than it should be. (MINOR: window squeaking, passenger door hard to close, moonroof shade off track, loose DSC related connection, popping noise in rear, clunking noise in 1st gear, bulbs frequently failing. MAJOR: failed ?sensor leading to engine overheating, vehicle shutting off at low speed while stopping). In sum, know your expectation (performance or reliability) and pick accordingly. Consumer Reports removed its recommended rating due to reliability problems.

325Ci Sport/Premium Package
By Earl Grey on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 325 coupe in December 2000. I presently have 32,000 miles on it. The only problem I have had is with the window molding on the interior. I have heard that this has been a problem with almost every coupe. The dealer fixed it with no problem at all. The dealership also changed my brake pads for FREE. They said that they were not up to specs. This is by far the best handling car that I have ever driven. The sport package is a must. It gives you a tighter suspension and it hardly compromises the quality of the ride.

Ultimate
By egavas on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for classy fun this is the way to go. The 325Ci has the looks, comfort and power to impress anyone. It is a very pleasurable experience to have own a BMW, it makes you feel younger and more energetic.

A Car You Won't Regret To Buy
By BennyChang on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car for almost 2 yrs, running as great as the first day it came out from dealer. The car has no any problem except the door seal/rubber was broken. Dealer replace both side of the door seal for me free. After I hit 19000 miles, the dealer replaced my front brake system for free.