Used 2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2001 BMW 325ci
By PatrickB

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This has been a great vehicle to own and drive. It is extremely fun to drive and has been very reliable especially considering it is a European sports car. One of the only places it suffers is in fuel economy which is none the less good for the class of vehicle. I highly recommend buying this car and trust me, the 325ci does not want for power and it is not necessary to buy the more expensive 330ci. I must include a word of caution. Since it is a rear wheel drive car, sometimes it can be harder to drive on snow and ice than a front wheel or all wheel drive car. BMW has an absolutely amazing product. Test drive one and see what a great all around car it is.

Favorite Features

I love the rain sensing windshield wipers and the mirrors that dim when someone behind you has their brights on (bear in mind these are available in the premium package.) The Harmon Kardon stereo is also fantastic and the flashlight that charges itself in the glove box is handy.

Suggested Improvements

I think this car is a great car overall but when the roads are snowy and icy, the rear wheel drive simply does not fare as well as all wheel or front wheel drive. Also, the fuel economy is not the absolute greatest but it is not bad. (22/29 or so).

Great car to have and own!
By jtsbs119

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I make excuses to drive my car anywhere. It has plenty of power, for normal driving that is. The looks are great and the 330Ci draws a lot of attention. I have never had anything go wrong with the car and don't expect to either. My only complaint is the dealership, the two that I have to go to are pretty snobby and since I look so young I must not be worth helping. If you are considering buying one, make sure you have the sport and premium package.

Favorite Features

Xenon headlights, rain sensor, real leather, all the seat adjustments, the HK stereo system, the M style wheels and the power of the car. And the fact that it has five seats!

2001 330ci
By benitocellini

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is still a hoot to drive and it still gets envious stares after more than six years. Seems quite quick, stops on a dime and corners with ease (I can't get the tires to squeal). Very hard to fault it in any way. I'm thinking about moving up to a Jag XK or BMW 650, for highway comfort, but I'll miss the agility and easy parking.

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By David

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 2 months and I can honestly say it's the greatest. The performance, engineering, and looks are second-to-none. I've never had so many compliments from total strangers, which really makes me feel good. I've had absolutely no problems with the car since I've had it. The only downside might be the high-cost maintenance procedures. I can do them myself, but if they are done by the dealership, prices are quite high. If you can bleed brakes and change brake pads, change hoses and flush coolant, and change engine belts, then you'll have no problem with this car. Buy a manual, and you'll be fine.

Favorite Features

Engine performance, sunroof, deep blue color, Harmon-Kardon stereo, onboard navigation system

Suggested Improvements

Some kind of change to the center console. A strange design, to say the least. Other than that, this car is a great buy.

I Miss My BMW
By Miss my BMW

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just sold my 325Ci a week ago and miss it every day (2nd baby just arrived). What a great car! My fuel mileage was 34 (hwy + 5-speed trans), wonderful ride and better handeling. Very comfortable seats with the sport package. I think the tool kit and built in flash light are great.

Favorite Features

Handling, exterior design, automatic windows (they go up too). Exterior design. Fuel mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Interior storage places are limited. Would like to be able to lock the car with the drivers door still open (like to get out, lock car, and put key in pocket before collecting my belongings from the car)