2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Beware Dreadful Seats
By Robert Ruiz on 08/17/05 14:02 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car at 38,000 miles and have put another 30,000 on it in 10 months of driving. It's been very reliable and only needed one sensor replaced. Post-50,000 mile servicing seemed pricey (quoted $800) but I'm coming from an old Alfa Romeo. Very happy with the car overall except for things such as interior trim rattles (constant) and dreadful seats. My car came with the standard seats and they caused circulation problems and caused left foot problems (no support on left foot and overall it was like sitting on a beach ball with support at center and little on sides). I replaced them with the sports seats and they are much better but can be uncomfortable (very, very firm).

Love my car
By Troy C on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The 325i is the best car Ive ever owned.It has plenty of power and drives like a dream.The only squibble is that its expensive to work on.I lovedriving it anywhere.

never again
By lg72 on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

In the 2 years I've owned this car I've had to replace 4 power window motors, 3 diff sensors and some temp gauge for the A/C... thank god it's under warranty. But the warranty expires in Nov and I'm selling and never buying another BMW. Way too high maintenace. The roadside assistance guy told me they're great in the Alps... but that's about it.

Be Afraid, Be VERY Afraid
By DowninTX on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I warn you - do NOT buy a BMW! I was very excited when I bought my BMW 325i new in 2001 - after shelling out lots of cash for the car, I expected it to hold up, but I was let down quickly. In the 3 years that I've owned the car, I've had to replace all of the window motors, sunroof motor, CD player, engine sensor, & now my air conditioner!!! CRAZY!!!!!!!

Love The Look, Too Many Little Problems
By JoeH on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the 325i sedan used in July 2002. I loved the look and passed up a similarly priced Lexus because of the look and nameplate. It was a mistake. I must have had it in the shop at least 6 times in the 15 months that I had it. The window came off the track (2x), the front passenger door leaked (2x), brake pad replacement, and even once when the engine just started smoking and stalled at a stop light! The leather interior is inferior to the Lexus as well. Overall I really wanted to like the car, but too many little problems will keep me from buying it again.

Nice Car!
By strawberries on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used in January 2004. Engine is really smooth. Don't worry about the power of this car because it has lots of power. Fuel economy is excellent too. I Highly recommend this BMW!

Unhappy BMW Owner
By unhappy_owner on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We were always at service having it repaired. The following items broke on it before it got to 30000 miles. 3 window motors (each separately), Door Panel fell off, FM Radio broke, Air Conditioner Broke, Sunroof broke Vista BMW was the worst dealership to deal with. We are trying to end our lease now with 6000 miles under contract and they never disclosed a $350 disposition fee which they now say we have to pay just to give them back the car. We were never told about this fee and were rushed to sign the contract back in 2001. We wasted 7 different trips to service to fix problems with the car. Never buy a BMW! especially from Vista BMW.

For Entry Level BMW,Just plain nasty!
By BULLDOG on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this 2001 BMW 325i on Jan 31,2004 in Dallas and drove home to Memphis(500 miles) the same day.I still have a smile.What looks!What handling!I was worried about acceleration and power of 325 vs 330.Don't be.I had trouble keeping the car under 80-90 MPH!At this speed,it feels like 60 in most cars.The xenons and Harmon Kardon are marvelous.Get the Sports package.Why didn't I at least test drive and thus buy a BMW 15 years earlier!

Great Car but Expensive to Maintain
By BimmerMan1000 on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

While I love driving this car I can't recommend it due to the expense of maintaining the vehicle. Shortly after the warranty expired the vehicle needed $2,000 in repairs.

Best Car Yet!!!
By Feed 'em Beans on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Almost three years and 41,000 miles and I love this car as much as the day I bought it. Still tight, fun to drive, great power curve. Looking ahead a few years to my next one!!!!