Used 2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Solid Car
By KarFn

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've loved this car and am loathe to part with it (I've owned it for over 7 years). All is running great..knock wood. Never had any major maintenance issues. I love the way it drives...solid. Exterior is sporty. Interior is functional, yet basic. No complaints.

Loved this car for 4 years until....
By maverick1012

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for 4 years now and put atleast 20,000 miles on it per year. Drove many 5,000+ road trips, handled extremely well, love the power and acceleration. Loved the overall experience UNTIL this past January (1/09) my car decided to die. I quote my mechanic when I say "the car has demons!" It decided when it wants to start, stalls when it wants to, it's been in the shop for 3 weeks with no resolution. I absolutely loved this car until now :/

Comfortable interior, beautiful exterior, loved everything about it!

Average Car
By kawliga

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have been buying 325is since '92 and this one is the I've kept the longest. These are fine cars but little things bug you and are expensive to fix. I'm sure I will switch to Honda, can't be any more trouble and a lot cheaper. Just finished a 3000 mile trip and averaged 32.2 with the automatic. I was pleased with that.

I think you sit up straighter when driving a BMW, not physically but emotionally.

Give me Honda/Toyota quality.

Great, if onyl the windows worked
By Joe G

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The BMW 325i 2001 was a great car to drive, handled the winding road up to Tahoe very well, looked good and sounded awesome. Probably the best driving experience of my life. They really designed it so the driver could hear just enough of the engine to feel like they were driving a sports car. Unfortunately it was all the little features that were crap. Both power windows had to be replaced twice (each) within a 3 year period. After about 4.5 years the electrical component that controlled the car shorted out and the car died in the middle of the highway. Once left the gas cap open and had to go to dealer to reset warning light.

Drove really great, felt awesome going around curves, the car felt liked it hugged the road. And I love the way the engine sounded.

Fix all the "other things!" Come on BMW! Power windows that stop working after 2.5 years?

The best car I will ever own
By Pat E

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car pre-owned from the dealership. It is definitely the best car I have ever owned. Despite a high resale value (one of my major purchase considerations), I just have no desire to give it up. A good detailing job and it still turns heads. I have had no serious problems with this vehicle. Its power, responsiveness and handling are legendary.

Some of my favorite features include the fold down seats, the key activated power drop of the windows and sunroof retraction (helps defuse the built up heat in Houston summers) and the black sapphire paint which minimizes swirls that can occur with plain black cars.

This model year could really benefit from a sentry lights (lights left on just power down into parking lights... hard to see if they're really on in the daytime) and the low grille in the front always gets trapped over concrete parking guards in parking spaces.