Used 2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Average Car
By kawliga

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have been buying 325is since '92 and this one is the I've kept the longest. These are fine cars but little things bug you and are expensive to fix. I'm sure I will switch to Honda, can't be any more trouble and a lot cheaper. Just finished a 3000 mile trip and averaged 32.2 with the automatic. I was pleased with that.

I think you sit up straighter when driving a BMW, not physically but emotionally.

Give me Honda/Toyota quality.

Great, if onyl the windows worked
By Joe G

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The BMW 325i 2001 was a great car to drive, handled the winding road up to Tahoe very well, looked good and sounded awesome. Probably the best driving experience of my life. They really designed it so the driver could hear just enough of the engine to feel like they were driving a sports car. Unfortunately it was all the little features that were crap. Both power windows had to be replaced twice (each) within a 3 year period. After about 4.5 years the electrical component that controlled the car shorted out and the car died in the middle of the highway. Once left the gas cap open and had to go to dealer to reset warning light.

Drove really great, felt awesome going around curves, the car felt liked it hugged the road. And I love the way the engine sounded.

Fix all the "other things!" Come on BMW! Power windows that stop working after 2.5 years?

The best car I will ever own
By Pat E

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car pre-owned from the dealership. It is definitely the best car I have ever owned. Despite a high resale value (one of my major purchase considerations), I just have no desire to give it up. A good detailing job and it still turns heads. I have had no serious problems with this vehicle. Its power, responsiveness and handling are legendary.

Some of my favorite features include the fold down seats, the key activated power drop of the windows and sunroof retraction (helps defuse the built up heat in Houston summers) and the black sapphire paint which minimizes swirls that can occur with plain black cars.

This model year could really benefit from a sentry lights (lights left on just power down into parking lights... hard to see if they're really on in the daytime) and the low grille in the front always gets trapped over concrete parking guards in parking spaces.

Like true love, I'm head over heels.
By True Love!

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Now, I've only had my 2001 BMW 325i for a week, and who knows what will happen, mechanic wise. But, I have never had a car that made me grin ear to ear like my BMW has. Even though I bought it as a used car, the car looks brand new, and feels brand new. Acceleration is smooth and has good pick up especially in higher RPMs. Fantasic exterior, and interior! That being said I can tell already my rear pasgr window is sticking, and will probably need to be replaced! Lucky for me 2 year factory warranty for 3G was not something I was going to gamble with! So, off to the shop in probably in a month! But, it dosn't change the fact that my BMW is the most fun car I've ever driven.

Sports package interior, and steering wheel, as well, as the upgraded speaker system. Can't say enough about the body design! Nothing out there that compares.

Have none yet.

You must be ready to comprimise!
By Whytry

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my car for a little while now and it seems to be holding up I had a few issues - the moonroof headliner is defective and BMW tried to charge me $1000.00 to fix it - just recall it please, it is defective! My driver's side window is sticking and I am afraid to get it fixed after reading the reviews here that say the window leaks after the repair! I keep burning oil and I will have to see what is causing that. Brakes go fast and cost $800.00 to change. And I had some loose exterior trim through seemingly no fault of my own. Loose interior grill on speaker. Loose mat anchor.

Quick, comfortable, Harmon Kardon system is good. Solid quiet drive. Handles great. Good turning radius.

Too many repairs/defects that are your responsibility to fix. Get a good long warranty if you buy a BMW. No fold down seat.