2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Love my BMW
By Tim Spann on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

the greatest car I have ever driven

fun reliable to drive
By heather on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

fun to drive coupe. i love its handling of corners. after bmw i cant go to the others

The Best BMW Convertible Yet......
By VERHOFF on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I ordered my 330CI 3 months before it went into production to replace my 1997 328 convertible. My new ride made my '97 feel like a go-cart. Huge improvement and they both had the maximum options except for the hard top, which would be a waste of money. This time around I got the Automatic Steptronic. It is the best of both worlds and worth the extra cash, although my wife wants and can drive it more often now.

Silver Bullet!
By Schlebrock on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just recently bought my 2001 (silver) 325Ci from the local BMW dealer and it turned out to be everything I hoped for and more. Lexus, Infinity, and Mercedes all make nice cars but they didn't come close to the performance and awe- inspring looks that this vehicle has. Sure, other vehicles have more horsepower and options but in my opinion, they didn't compare. You owe it to yourself to go on an extended test drive before you make your next luxury car purchase.

After one year...
By Vesuvius on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Okay, so after one year of having driven this vehicle, I can truthfully say that it's the best car I've ever owned. Still looks "showroom", solid build, handles well, excellent interior materials, etc. I too had the fan replacement, then ANOTHER just 6 weeks later! BUT, they were very courteous and had my vehicle back to me in less than one day on both occasions. The Sports Package would have been a nice addition for the lowered suspension and bolstered seats. I find that my center of gravity is simply too high to perform some of the driving I like/attempt. I just felt that I had to chime-in to offset that previous, completely bad review.

For the money, no real alternatives.
By enrique_montaban on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got this when the over-powered steering was included: which BMW later replaced with the proper sport steering for no cost (and I hear changed back factory production as well). I've liked it a lot, but there were minor glitches: CD player had to be replaced because CD's wouldn't always eject (this problem manifested the day I drove it out of the Munich delivery center and I didn't have time to fix it then...the work-around was to push up against the upper lip of the slot). One other oddball thing was 1 brake light already had to be replaced at 40K miles. But for 40K miles, that seems like a good record (so far).

BMW 325ci
By bmw21212 on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Simply the best BMW I've ever had. Hands down beat the Mercedes,Volvo,Lexus alternatives when I was shopping.

Best 30 Grand Sedan
By Bond on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car for the price.

By BMW330xi_@hotmail.com
By 686860001 on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Basically, I've had no problems what so ever with this vehicle. One thing, though, it's not made to drag race. If you want a drag racer BMW, get the M3. This care is made for pure driving pleasure. I love just taking the 330xi out on a Sunday afternoon on quiet, curvy, valley roads, and hearing the engine as it goes through the RPMs, and feeling the car respond. The handling is just plain AMAZING on this car. I took a corner that said "10 MPH" going 30 MPH, no problems, I dind't even peel out. The car just stayed glued to the road. Extremely fun car, and pretty quick too.

330 CI
By spaniel3. on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We purchased this car from a dealer in Fl. and took delivery at the factory in North Carolina. It was a great experiance we reccomend to any one buying a new BMW. The car has meet or exceeded our expetations. The car has 6000 miles on it with NO problems. It is a fun car to drive. With the new 3.0 engine it has good power,the sports package gives a sports car feel to the handeling.Only drawback is unability to rotate tires. Fit and finish is very good,car is easy to keep clean except wheels due to brake dust.We would buy another one.