2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Update from Last Review (mnfsto)
By mnfsto1 on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have replaced all 4 tires at 21,500 miles. The air conditioning is now cutting out. No fun when it is 90+ outside and no air coming out. Was talked about a buy back then stonewalled. Once I start to feel good about the car again it decides to have a failure of some sort. "German Engineering" is not inspiring words. Looking to sell when 350z conv. comes out.

325 Ci Coupe
By sdburnett on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a very nice car. I fell in love with the front looks of it! It handles very nice. I absolutely love the body style of the new BMWs!

Nice but ....
By jc4642 on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a nice car, but lacks the fit and finish expected in a car of this price. There are numerous squeaks and rattles that are quite annoying. It is fun to drive, lacks power in the low revs, but around 3500RPM it picks up nicely. One major complaint is the Auto-Manual shifter. To upshift you push forward, and pull it back for downshifting. This seemed backwards to me. Only trouble I had is a peice of door trim came loose, and the shade for the moonroof came off it's track once. Both issues were fixed by the dealer under warranty and without hassle. Overall, it's a good car, but a little overpriced for the quality.

AWESOME MACHINE
By Warnz on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my first BMW in December of 2000 and love it, love it, love it. 24K miles now. Should have bought the sport package and exact opinions I wanted, but got antsy and bought one off the dealers lot. - a mistake you should not make. Premium package is a rip off, You can get most of the options seperate. I'm experiencing my first problem. Need to take it in next week - a creaking noise sometimes when turning the steering wheel. I am hooked on BMW!!

Can't Imagine Driving Anything but a BMW
By Tex330Ci on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had the car for 13 months and still can't believe it took me 31 years to discover BMW. The chasis design, coupled with the outstanding braking power and old-school steering (mine was made after 5/1) make this one of the funnest cars I can imagine. The acceleration is smooth and refined. You will not experience torque-steer or fading of the power band at any speed. The balance in the car is indescribable. The make-to-order buying experience was fantastic and I can't imagine owning anything else at this time.

330Ci - Ultimate Grinning Machine
By BrianE on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 330Ci puts a smile on my face every time I get in it, drive it, or wash+wax it. The car is literally a feast for the senses; the styling is pleasing down to the smallest detail, the exhaust note is throaty and powerful, the acceleration/handling is nimble and quick, and the Montana leather adds just enough to the atmosphere. Simply put, the car inspires confidence in its abilities and nurtures the drivers' abilities through the responsive feedback system and a generally forgiving nature. You feel safe in this car-- the brakes, the Dynamic Stability Control, the six-pack of airbags and the visibility at night with the Xenon headlights.

325i is Beautiful
By Freddie on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 2001 BMW 325i. I got it in Titanium Silver Metallic with Gray Leather and it is clean as a whistle. I bought it new and it still rides smoothly. I didn't expect to purchase one after I test drived one but this car is irresistable. The only car I would trade this in for is a BMW M3 Coupe.

Awesome
By PaulBz on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just brought home my 330ci and love everything about it. Acceleration is smooth and quick due to the well engineered inline 6. Braking is best in its class as is handling. I could write a book on the wonders of this car but will simply sum things up with a rock solid "awesome." Drive one and you will know why BMW's are the Ultimate Driving Machine.

dual personality: driver / track toy
By thrak-rhatt on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

one must take this car to a drivers school to appreciate the brilliant work the bmw /M folks did in the suspension tune. superb handling. the track is the only place one can sanely extract the performance this car offers, which is considerable: i chased down a pair of itb racers in my run group who were leaving me for dead on the straights. better still, the car does not beat you up day-2-day, offers quite good fuel economy, is reasonable to insure, and is drop-dead gorgeous to look at. the price of admission is high, but in this case you do get what you pay for.

BMW's review
By Stefano Vranca on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car is wonderful driving machine. It handles very well. I had a few problems with some fixtures but overall I am very satisfied.