Used 2001 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 241 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

First BMW
By jmyers

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW, and I am very pleased. The response is good, gas mileage is around 23 in local driving. I have the optional hard top which is great for the winter months and makes the lines of the car look fantistic. Interior roominess is lacking and rear seat passenger leg room is tight. The car is fun to drive and handling is excellent. I may opt for a 7 series in the near future.

Optional hard top, exterior lines, and good performance.

Two or three inch increase in interior length would be helpful.

I like driving now.
By Red Snap

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for over 2 years now and bought it used. Which is the way to go when getting a high end car. I like to drive now, didn't before, and don't plan on giving up the car anytime soon. I hope I can always own a BMW.

The pick-up, the cornering, the smooth ride, the look. The 4 year, 50,000 mile warranty on parts and service.

I'm 6' 3" and my head always rubs on the roof, even with the 12 adjustable seat at it's lowest point. That is annoying, need more headroom. The only other issue is that the sport tires I have about 2 flats a year. I have been lucky that they were around tire stores.

I like driving now.
By Red Snap

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The Perfect Car
By tslbmw

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car used, with 42K miles, White, Sport pkg, 5 spd, Premium pkg, Leather, & Xenons. I believe that this car is the perfect combination of sport/balance/speed & comfort/everyday livablity. It houses two car seats in the back (although the back seat is a little tight) which is great for the family; yet, is a blast to drive on your favorite backroad. The silky smooth six is just as advertised ...PERFECT! If you've got the extra dough, the 330 is definitely worth it over the 325 ... but you'll be happy with either one. I highly recommend owning a 3 series (w/the sport pkg & manual tranny), you won't regret it!

The 3.0 litre inline six, the manual tranny, HK sound system, great seats, and just the overall balance of the car.

Back seat room (address with the upcoming '06 model), harder brake pads. . .keeping the M wheels clean is tough!

Excellent Car
By Jonathan Pajarito

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The BMW 330I is always fun to drive. It has excellent performance and very reliable. It gives me sheer joy just driving it.