2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
AWESOME
By TALCOTT on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I DROVE THEM ALL......NOTHING CAME CLOSE, HANDLING SPORT PACKAGE A MUST! TRY S TURNS IN SNOW, NOTHING DOES IT LIKE THIS BMW.

2001 BMW 325 Ci
By DallasScott on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My experience with this car has been excellent. The fit and finish, along with the design, are top notch (as I would expect from a German manufacturer). I'm sold on BMWs and will plan on upgrading to a 5-series for my next car.

Commuter Car
By Sparrow on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

1 1/2 years ownership. Not my first BMW. Basic 325xi with metallic paint and single CD player as only options. Started with replacing 4 auxiliary electric cooling fans (included two very momentary overheats). This problem resolved by NHTSA recall and fitment of different manufacturer's fan (Bosch). This problem, along with poor BMW NA esponse, is enough to make me not purchase another BMW although the dealer was extremely helpful and satisfying and the car is great to drive. I just can't get over the BMW NA behavior over the aux cooling fan problem. Very very offensive.

window's elevator problems
By juventus on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

great car! but already had 3 problems related to the windows. they get stuck! first it was the passenger side, then the drivers side now it's the rear right, in that aspect it has been a nightmare! great car to drive though.

WOW!
By BMW-Black on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Over 16,000 miles of trouble free driving. The 330i is fast smooth and quite except for the great sound of the exhaust note. Everything is quailty and I have been getting 28-29 mpg mixed driving. On one trip it got 33mpg this is all with the manual transmission which to me is the way to go. And get the sports package!

Compare to my Lexus RX300
By 330 lover on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love my Bimmer, great performance 225- hp, good handling (I don't have sport package, so handling is just good not great). No overheat, no water leak or anything. No visit to the dealer until the 1st oil change just like my Lexus.

DREAM CAR TURNED NIGHTMARE
By BRANDO on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I leased my BMW for 39 months. 45 days into the lease I was at a parking lot when the car surged and the engine revved up so high i had to put my parking brake on to control it. after being in the shop for 30 days they could not find what was wrong. it has been in the shop 6 times in the first year and a half for various mechanical reasons. i have had transmission problems, defrost problems, static on the radio, i am very disappointed in BMW and will never have another one.

Makes my commute a everyday Picnic Trip
By ram on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent tight handling in the curves. Its a dream in narrow long winding road - never driven a car that loves the road this much. Majestic dangerous bully look... I LOVE IT!

2001- BMW 330i - little problems a pain!
By jmchatelle on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the vehicle new in 2000 and within a month had to take it in because the sunroof wouldn't open. It was repaired and within 1-wk had to be taken back for the same problem. Less than a month later the driver side window became stuck and wouldn't close. I had it repaired - twice. Now the passenger-side window is having the same difficulty. On the "up" side, the car has EXCELLENT pick-up and maneuvering and is a absolute BLAST to drive. I have not had a moment's trouble with the engine or computer systems. And despite the annoyance of the little problems, I wouldn't have anything but a BMW. I've almost got my spouse talked into the new BMW SUV.

Update from Last Review (mnfsto)
By mnfsto1 on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have replaced all 4 tires at 21,500 miles. The air conditioning is now cutting out. No fun when it is 90+ outside and no air coming out. Was talked about a buy back then stonewalled. Once I start to feel good about the car again it decides to have a failure of some sort. "German Engineering" is not inspiring words. Looking to sell when 350z conv. comes out.