Used 2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2001 BMW 3 Series
By SaLiMoS

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my BMW 1 week ago and i am loving it, well it's fun Driving it and it's very comfortable and Powerful. All what i did to the car after purchasing it is changing Filters and Engine Oil, which is a normal service check after buying a used car.

* Sound of the Engine * Interior Design

BMW's are VERY Over-rated
By shoo

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Found a 2001 BMW 325I with only 34K miles on it! Thought I had found a steal! Found out I was robbed! Had this car less than a year and have had to replace headlight assembly, front grille trim, rear window motor. Oil light comes on randomly! Worst of all, when it rains the interior leaks so bad it would make a great fish bowl! No one can find where it's coming from! Biggest piece of junk I've ever owned! Now I know why it only had 34K miles on it, no one wanted the piece of junk! My first and last BMW!

Nothing!

Live up to your reputation!

Who said BMW was reliable?
By Picky Driver

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Simply put, great piece of driving engineering. But, The Germans really need to figure out better electronic systems. I love my BMW, purchased it with 78,000 miles, and grabbed a 2 year extended warranty for 2,500. Totaling 19,500. THE FACTS - I researched the car vigilantly before I went to the dealership. Leaning towards not purchasing a BMW before I even step onto the lot. But, I wanted to drive the car, then make a decision. DO NOT do this if you are comparing the BMW to say a HONDA or Toyota. There is no comparison and is not fair. Beautiful to look at, a real treat to drive around in. WARNING!!! - I spent about 3,000 on repairs in 2 years. Lucky me, the warranty covered 90% of it.

Smooth acceleration, tight gripping of the road... even for a 4dr sedan. Maxing out at 190 hp. Sports package gave it a special interior, more sexy then standard one. My girlfriend has a 2007 Honda civic. The civic feels like a lawn mower compared to my BMW.

Electronic devises. Two window motors... which I was aware of after reading hundreds of consumer reports just didn't realize they charge 300 a pop. The little things were apparently not a priority.

Solid Car
By KarFn

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've loved this car and am loathe to part with it (I've owned it for over 7 years). All is running great..knock wood. Never had any major maintenance issues. I love the way it drives...solid. Exterior is sporty. Interior is functional, yet basic. No complaints.

Loved this car for 4 years until....
By maverick1012

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for 4 years now and put atleast 20,000 miles on it per year. Drove many 5,000+ road trips, handled extremely well, love the power and acceleration. Loved the overall experience UNTIL this past January (1/09) my car decided to die. I quote my mechanic when I say "the car has demons!" It decided when it wants to start, stalls when it wants to, it's been in the shop for 3 weeks with no resolution. I absolutely loved this car until now :/

Comfortable interior, beautiful exterior, loved everything about it!