2001 BMW 3 Series Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Simply the Best
By Jon on 12/21/04 16:10 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After driving this car for one year, I will only buy BMWs from this point on. The car is not only fun to drive, it is reliable. After owning American and Japanese cars, it is apparent that German engineering is the best. BMW's offer both performance and superior build quality. About the only problem I have experienced with this car is the scheduled maintenence indicator, which can be annoying and expensive to get rid of (you have to spend a lot at the service department or buy a service tool.) I would definitely suggest buying this car to anyone looking for a luxury/sport sedan.

Needs more power
By ken325i on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car needs just a little more power -- 20 hp. Also, BMW does not finish the car out with the extras -- you have to pay for every little thing, like garage door opener. A car this price should include these things.

Bavarian Headache
By Kline47 on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Beautiful, graceful, hard charging people mover. Ergonomics are perfect and interior finish superb. Most comfortable and fun BMW I've owned.....when it isn't in the shop. Replaced auxillary fan twice, bearings in rear wheel, front control arm, and I have to bring it in now for a faulty rear brake caliper and a loud suspension rattle. The car just broke 30000 miles. The car gets a higher overall rating from me due to fit, finish, and fun factor but reliability just is not what I know from BMW. Unfortunatley my third will be my last.

Wagon utility with sedan performance
By mybird67 on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I live in northern New England. I have two adolescent ski racers who go in different directions all winter long. My wife drives a Toyota Sienna as the family hauler. I needed a daily driver work commuter that could double for weekend jaunts to races in ME, NH and VT. This 325xiT suits me well. It gives me SUV utility without having to drive an SUV. It gives me handling and driving pleasure comparable to my 325iC but with AWD and extra storage space. From the outside it looks like a sporty wagon, from the inside it feels like a sports sedan.

Great car
By mgibson on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. The AWD is awesome, have spun all the wheels just once, in a high-speed accelleration 90' turn on wet pavement for about a second.

Excellent Machine
By Sreeni Gaddam on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have been using this machine since 03/01 and running great till date. I never worried for any thing with my BMW. The customer service is excellent. I truely recommend to new buyers, before making a decision, drive once then make a decision.

Fantastic car
By ekuo on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this car new to replace my aging Integra Hatchback. Essentially, I wanted the 325i sedan but we needed the larger trunk space and utility of a wagon. This vehicle sacrifices none of the sedan's handling and performance. We included the sports package, which I believe is a must have for the 325. The handling is sharp, telescopic, and easy to manage. The car simply loves being tossed into a corner. The exterior also benefits from a true wagon design, not the hatch on the sedan design that you might see on some others. The only mechanical issue this car encountered was the faulty auxillary fan.

SuperWagon!
By Edgett on 03/16/02 13:56 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was basically looking for a Miata which could also carry bicycles, groceries, etc - the 325 wagon fits this bill perfectly. It is an incredible car to drive (does very well for itself on the track even) and a real pleasure to own. Unfortunately, I have gotten to know my dealer's service department a little more intimately than I had expected to, with a couple of computer problems and a dead rear wheel bearing. Still, there is nothing else like it on the market - it is only 2" longe than a Porsche 911 and carries a great deal.