Used 2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

What a car!!!
By Djovanovic

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2001 325Ci in February 2006. Although I've had it only for a short time, I am in love! The handling is amazing. I drop the top every chance I get and boy does it turn heads driving down the street. Even my 4 year old daughter and wife can't get enough. After researching and driving the Volvo C70 and the Saab 9-3, I am confident that I made the right choice with the Bimmer. I actually look forward to running to the store to pick up eggs or milk, because I get to drive my car!

Eye catching exterior, the top is quick and easy to use, handles like a dream, both seat have fully programmable seats, the stereo sounds fantastic, sterio controls on the steering wheel, and it's an overall fun car to drive!!!

Better placement of the cup holders, adding lights around the sun visor mirrors, and heated seats should be standard. Other than that I love it!

First BMW
By jmyers

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW, and I am very pleased. The response is good, gas mileage is around 23 in local driving. I have the optional hard top which is great for the winter months and makes the lines of the car look fantistic. Interior roominess is lacking and rear seat passenger leg room is tight. The car is fun to drive and handling is excellent. I may opt for a 7 series in the near future.

Optional hard top, exterior lines, and good performance.

Two or three inch increase in interior length would be helpful.

Beach Lovers Dream
By Fun2Drive

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 330ci is one of my favorite cars I have owned to date. Fun to drive, great looks, and no mechanical or cosmetic problems. I can see why this vehicle is one of the most wanted cars rated by consumers. Thanks BMW!!!

Everything

Making this vehicle a two seater model. The Z4 is great, but the looks of the 330 are even greater.

325
By OKHunter

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car for the wife, coming off a 3 year lease @2.9%, on a BMW CPO program. Have had to take back to dealership twice, once to replace a faulty intake cam sensor, and once for some minor adjustments. Handling is impeccable, and power is good for 184HP, but wish they would offer more power without having to upgrade to a 330. Haven't pushed the top end, but expect it's more than I would want. Dealership has been fair to deal with, but I just don't have that warm fuzzy feeling yet. Brake dust, of course, is an unsolveable problem.

Dust is a curse, the brake performance is world class. Styling and fun to drive quotient are over the top. Seals and stability of the conv top make it feel like your in a hardtop. Memory seats are cool; I'm 5'11", my wife is 5'0".

The Germans can build a car of this quality, but they can't fix the brake dust? Gimme a break; they don't wanna fix it; they'd rather sell brake jobs instead! Need some "tweakage options" to boost acceleration.

Outstanding ride
By Sandra White

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Second experience with a BMW and will never purchase anything else. Fabulous to drive, great handling, fun, makes a statement. Go figure, those Germans, really know how to build cars.