2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
best conv ever
By joe/barb on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best over all convertible that I have owned and I've owned 6 including corvettes. Handles great, it's always reliable and great fun to drive.

WASTE OF MONEY
By TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second convertible BMW that I purchased. The first was a 2000 323CI, it was sluggish and had mechanical problems.I traded the car for the new improved 2001 330ci, this car is a nightmare. The car is sluggish - you have to slam on the gas to get the car to move, the doors do not shut properly and are hard to open; latch seems to get stuck. The top does not go down completely, the seat belts leave grease marks and are wearing the leather on the side of the seat. There is a rattle that no one can seem to fix. The rollover mechanism had to be replaced and the list goes. Good luck in getting someone from BMW to call you back.

Magnificent!
By keltsey on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

great for a fun and convertible car. This was a total plus for me and my family

The most fun in a vehicle
By 330ci2001 on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is the most fun that I have ever had driving. I prefer a performance/luxury car and this one exceed my criteria on both ends. This car handles and brakes better unbeleiveable well. I am slightly dissappointed in the acceleration. I would expect it to be faster because of the M3.

excellent ragtop
By jfe on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

excellent car,my 3rd 3-series and the best by far. A great suspension--not too rough but very athletic. Top is a work of art going down and when it is buttoned up.

Long term owner reports in
By Brian-330cic on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car itself handles like a dream.. it sticks to the road, its fun to drive and on those rare topdown days in New York its heavenly. What other car company would listen to its owners complain about the steering being a little to 'Grandma' and offer to replace the entire steering rack with one with a tighter feel FREE OF CHARGE, just because I wasnt happy.. The dealers can be very hit or miss, (Thanks to the US legal system) but look past that to the corporate culture and you're on to a winner. There's a reason all of the car mags love this car, its because it's just practical enough to justify a purchase and is too much damn fun to put down.

The Best BMW Convertible Yet......
By VERHOFF on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I ordered my 330CI 3 months before it went into production to replace my 1997 328 convertible. My new ride made my '97 feel like a go-cart. Huge improvement and they both had the maximum options except for the hard top, which would be a waste of money. This time around I got the Automatic Steptronic. It is the best of both worlds and worth the extra cash, although my wife wants and can drive it more often now.

Nothing beats the Cote d'Azur in 330CiC!
By PokahPlayah on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is amazing to drive. Overpowering engine with an easy cluch. I picked it up a year ago through european delivery, and it is worth the time to drive around the sourth of france if you can afford it. It's been very reliable over the alps and through normal rush hour commuting. I'd definitely recommend this over the 328 cabrios because of the real rear window and the trunk space which justify the markup. Note: Wind deflector is required and heated seats should have been standard.