2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great Car!
By chamoh78 on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This was a very used car when I got it. I purchased the vehicle with approx. 90K knowing that BMW is of higher quality and the car would last longer than most. The 100K service wasn't cheap, but I knew this before I bought the car. This is my first Bimmer and it certainly won't be my last. I may never own another brand, unless I want a truck...

5.5 years ok to review now
By cj on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

purchased with 15k miles on her. First of all dealer maintenance is costly. I have learned to do a lot of diy jobs and that makes the cost of ownership reasonable. handles great and engine smooth as silk. the car has never let me down but i do all the recommended service. gas mileage on the highway gets me 30-31mpg.Many of these e46 models on the market now are worth more than they are selling for. bmws just do not hold there value well these days. My car runs as well as the day i purchased it and nothing leaks and for a 9 year old car with 125k i am happy. I gave reliability an 8 and not higher because i do a lot of preventative maintenance.

Had it for 10 years and 150K miles later
By Beamer family on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

and still drives great! We bought our BMW 10 years ago at 40K miles from a friend. Since we have owned it, we have been in a couple of fender benders, got paint splashed on it, and now the power windows are going out but the original transmission still drives like the first day we bought it and very strong! You feel the difference in a BMW vs. say a Lexus or any other Japanese car! It hugs the road and you are total control of your car. We're expecting to get another 50K miles on it and plan to hand it down to our son then we are upgrading to a 330 convertible.

Love This Car
By Jeff on 09/06/10 18:08 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my 330i for 10 years and dread the day I have to give it up. I've had some minor problems, but over 6 years out of warranty I've spent less than $1,000 on repairs and maintenance. User forums have saved me considerably, e.g., found good replacement battery for $75 at Autozone; repaired runaway blower motor by replacing a resister; replaced brake pads and preserved wear sensors. The real joy is in the ride; great handling and a feel for the road you just don't find in other cars. I test drove this car down a winding road and was sold at the first hard turn and lost all my bargaining leverage when I gave a little moan of pleasure(the dealer knew what he was doing).

Good Reliable Car
By mzurada on 09/04/10 17:28 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I really enjoy my BMW. The coupe is one of the most aesthetically pleasing cars to look at and I wouldn't change a thing when it comes to styling. The sports seats are firm and fantastically comfortable -- my back gets really sore from bad car seats and these are good enough to drive 12 hours a day. My car has a sports suspension which gives it superb handling but the automatic transmission makes my 325 a little underpowered so if you are into speed get the stick. The fuel economy in mixed city/highway driving is only about 22 mpg which is probably average for a car of this age with this type of performance characteristics.

2001 BMW 3 Series
By SaLiMoS on 08/18/10 11:23 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my BMW 1 week ago and i am loving it, well it's fun Driving it and it's very comfortable and Powerful. All what i did to the car after purchasing it is changing Filters and Engine Oil, which is a normal service check after buying a used car.

2001 Xi Wagon
By ARP on 05/02/10 05:37 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just passed 245,000 miles and am still using the original clutch, AC compressor, starter, window motors, engine computers and most other parts. With proper maintenance it has been a great car. I average about $300 per month in maintenance but keep it in perfect condition which is far cheaper than buying another new car. At 150,000 the entire suspension was replaced, new brakes and tires. It was like a new car. Still uses no oil, changed every 10K.

BMW's are VERY Over-rated
By shoo on 02/01/10 16:57 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Found a 2001 BMW 325I with only 34K miles on it! Thought I had found a steal! Found out I was robbed! Had this car less than a year and have had to replace headlight assembly, front grille trim, rear window motor. Oil light comes on randomly! Worst of all, when it rains the interior leaks so bad it would make a great fish bowl! No one can find where it's coming from! Biggest piece of junk I've ever owned! Now I know why it only had 34K miles on it, no one wanted the piece of junk! My first and last BMW!

Can't beat the styling
By 70dave on 11/25/09 20:01 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car for my wife for daily commuter with approx 90k on it. Bought it for the reliability concept since we had bought my daughter a '95 325i and loved it. It has the touring and sport options. Car was in very good condition for the year and serviced regularly. So far replaced water pump, window regulator, washer fluid motor. To me these are things that commonly occur with any vehicle with this mileage and is to be expected. You can get a piece of junk with any manufacturer. This car is a blast to drive and gets 27-29 mpg to boot. Can't beat the styling and when I do get to drive it, it's usually too fast.

A beautiful friendship
By Mike Wehner on 09/02/09 10:13 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased CPO with 31,000 miles in 2003. Dealer maintained with 112K on the clock. Runs and drives as new. Still returns 24.7 avg city/hwy mileage. Recent tires and shocks have restored the ride quality. Engine is simply superb. Still gets compliments and turns heads. I think the secret is to keep up with the BMW recommended maintenance, don't beat the car, and to use a cover if parked outside during the work day. We liked the car so much that we went out and bought an X3 so we no longer argue about who gets the Bimmer today...