2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Slightly disappointed
By Pawleykid on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the performance and handling, I could use 330 power but I expected this when I bought a 325i. Steering could be tighter. Looks and comfort are superb for my needs, friends love it. But I had problems especially with the and dealer. Car had musty smell in vents with air, it was fixed and now the odor is back. Both front windows off track adn repaired. squeaky trunk. Fuzzy AM radio. Car didn't start and was towed. Dealer found nothing wrong and it started for them? Otherwise car is a dream.

YOU MUST GET THIS CAR
By Sam Yerushalmi on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my 330 i at age 18 and i dont think i am ever gonig to get rid of it. For anyone who wants car that is fast look great and had a good name get this car. Driving has never been this fun. Getting stuck in the 405 trafic will never ever be a drag if its done in thsi car.

Long term owner reports in
By Brian-330cic on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car itself handles like a dream.. it sticks to the road, its fun to drive and on those rare topdown days in New York its heavenly. What other car company would listen to its owners complain about the steering being a little to 'Grandma' and offer to replace the entire steering rack with one with a tighter feel FREE OF CHARGE, just because I wasnt happy.. The dealers can be very hit or miss, (Thanks to the US legal system) but look past that to the corporate culture and you're on to a winner. There's a reason all of the car mags love this car, its because it's just practical enough to justify a purchase and is too much damn fun to put down.

South African Lemon
By Ivan A. on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 325I that was build in South Africa, not Germany. extremely unreliable. The car stalls during starts any time it's below 70F. Not impressed with BMW service either. Perks are not up to luxury standard. My advice, buy a Lexus, Mercedes or new Infinity G35. I will never buy another BMW again.

LOVE IT!
By Stefan on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

LOVE IT EVEN MORE EVERY MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!

Great Car
By imy on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car! It is very comfortable for 2 people, the lumbar support is excellent and it's surprisingly quiet for a convertible. It's a great looking car and other than some initia trouble with the driver's side air bag/seat belt has run flawlessly.

Dream come true
By Rossini Botev on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since I drove my neighber's BMW 2002 ti in 1981, my dream was to own one. Last year I picked my 330i Bimmer from Munich and since then " I can't stop loving you ". The sport package is worth every penny ! In order to feel the thrill one should drive this beauty on a twisted moutain road because on the autoban there is no diference between 60 and 130 mph - the car and my wife were sleeping very comfortably.

Beemer
By abe on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive. The five speed is very responsive and the power curve in the upper gears is thrilling to use on the open highway and interstates. Need to be sure and have a radar detector installed or the insurance costs could be prohibitive. Ride is excellent and we were amazed at the fuel economy with the amount of power.

BMW The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Birdman on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The title says it all. The car handels great, except has a tendancy to hydroplain in wet conditions. Over 22,000 miles and have had no problems. Tire wear is a problem, so expect to pay a big price for moderate sports tires.

Responsive Handling on Autobahn
By Go Army! on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I factory ordered my Bimmer last year and I must say that I've not had any problems with it. It is the best handling vehicle I've seen and experienced on the Autobahns in Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, France, etc. I'm very fortunate that I could drive this car to its limits (until the governor kicks in) and never have to worry about loosing control. I love BMW performance so much that I'll order a M3 next year.