2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Update from Last Review (mnfsto)
By mnfsto1 on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have replaced all 4 tires at 21,500 miles. The air conditioning is now cutting out. No fun when it is 90+ outside and no air coming out. Was talked about a buy back then stonewalled. Once I start to feel good about the car again it decides to have a failure of some sort. "German Engineering" is not inspiring words. Looking to sell when 350z conv. comes out.

AWESOME MACHINE
By Warnz on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my first BMW in December of 2000 and love it, love it, love it. 24K miles now. Should have bought the sport package and exact opinions I wanted, but got antsy and bought one off the dealers lot. - a mistake you should not make. Premium package is a rip off, You can get most of the options seperate. I'm experiencing my first problem. Need to take it in next week - a creaking noise sometimes when turning the steering wheel. I am hooked on BMW!!

325i is Beautiful
By Freddie on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 2001 BMW 325i. I got it in Titanium Silver Metallic with Gray Leather and it is clean as a whistle. I bought it new and it still rides smoothly. I didn't expect to purchase one after I test drived one but this car is irresistable. The only car I would trade this in for is a BMW M3 Coupe.

dual personality: driver / track toy
By thrak-rhatt on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

one must take this car to a drivers school to appreciate the brilliant work the bmw /M folks did in the suspension tune. superb handling. the track is the only place one can sanely extract the performance this car offers, which is considerable: i chased down a pair of itb racers in my run group who were leaving me for dead on the straights. better still, the car does not beat you up day-2-day, offers quite good fuel economy, is reasonable to insure, and is drop-dead gorgeous to look at. the price of admission is high, but in this case you do get what you pay for.

BMW's review
By Stefano Vranca on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car is wonderful driving machine. It handles very well. I had a few problems with some fixtures but overall I am very satisfied.

Can't give it up
By Terrell on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my BMW 330i with 16,000 miles on it in 8-2001 and I already have 43,000 miles on it to date. Goes to show you how much I like driving it. This was my first BMW and I have been impressed with the style and handling of it. It sits very low to the ground and you rarely feel any bumps. I rarely use the steptronic manual transmission b/c theres so much power in the automatic. Now that I'm 8mths pregnant, it's hard to get in and out of, but I hate the thought of trading it in, so I'm going to suffer thru this last month. If I hadn't gotten such a good deal on the 330, I probably would have gone with the 325, same car, 330 is more $$$...

Love my BMW
By Tim Spann on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

the greatest car I have ever driven

After one year...
By Vesuvius on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Okay, so after one year of having driven this vehicle, I can truthfully say that it's the best car I've ever owned. Still looks "showroom", solid build, handles well, excellent interior materials, etc. I too had the fan replacement, then ANOTHER just 6 weeks later! BUT, they were very courteous and had my vehicle back to me in less than one day on both occasions. The Sports Package would have been a nice addition for the lowered suspension and bolstered seats. I find that my center of gravity is simply too high to perform some of the driving I like/attempt. I just felt that I had to chime-in to offset that previous, completely bad review.

For the money, no real alternatives.
By enrique_montaban on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got this when the over-powered steering was included: which BMW later replaced with the proper sport steering for no cost (and I hear changed back factory production as well). I've liked it a lot, but there were minor glitches: CD player had to be replaced because CD's wouldn't always eject (this problem manifested the day I drove it out of the Munich delivery center and I didn't have time to fix it then...the work-around was to push up against the upper lip of the slot). One other oddball thing was 1 brake light already had to be replaced at 40K miles. But for 40K miles, that seems like a good record (so far).

Best 30 Grand Sedan
By Bond on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car for the price.