Used 2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Its a blast !!!
By Double D

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2001 BMW 330i CPO car, which is the only way to go but typically will cost you a few more duckies. Great car, tremendous torque versus the 325i and the steptronic AT is perfect. No complaints except for a tall person, its a little tough getting in and out.

The engine and transmission.

Better seating

Used 2001 BMW 330 XI
By Laurie

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this car used 2 years ago and our love affair with it has not ceased from the moment it first beautified our driveway. Fun to drive (I wanted a manual and am so pleased with the 5-speed manual on this car), great power, looks gorgeous, fantastic Harmon-Kardon stereo system (stuck in traffic? great!) and did I mention fun to drive? Also, no mechanical/reliability issues and the minor issues that have popped up were covered under BMW's used- car extended warranty.

Looks, handling, power, stops on a dime, performance, comfort, stereo system, automatic rear-view mirror dimmer, memory-position for driver's seat, safety.

Heated steering wheel is the only thing I can think of to improve this fine piece of German engineering.

The Perfect Car
By tslbmw

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car used, with 42K miles, White, Sport pkg, 5 spd, Premium pkg, Leather, & Xenons. I believe that this car is the perfect combination of sport/balance/speed & comfort/everyday livablity. It houses two car seats in the back (although the back seat is a little tight) which is great for the family; yet, is a blast to drive on your favorite backroad. The silky smooth six is just as advertised ...PERFECT! If you've got the extra dough, the 330 is definitely worth it over the 325 ... but you'll be happy with either one. I highly recommend owning a 3 series (w/the sport pkg & manual tranny), you won't regret it!

The 3.0 litre inline six, the manual tranny, HK sound system, great seats, and just the overall balance of the car.

Back seat room (address with the upcoming '06 model), harder brake pads. . .keeping the M wheels clean is tough!

Excellent Car
By Jonathan Pajarito

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The BMW 330I is always fun to drive. It has excellent performance and very reliable. It gives me sheer joy just driving it.

My 2nd 3 Series
By tslbmw

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After owning a 91 318is, I knew that my next car would be another Bimmer. My new (to me) 01 BMW 330i, white/tan leather, 5 spd, premium pkg, sport pkg, HK sound system & Xenon, is a major step forward. Everything from the silky smooth I6 and perfect manual tranny to the beautiful exterior (especially the M style double spoke wheels included in the sport pkg) and purposeful interior are BMW perfect. The mid range torque is neverending and the car corners like it's on rails. I find the lighter steering effort around town to be fine; however, a little more feedback wouldn't be a bad thing. This is a great car that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a TRUE SPORTS sedan.

5 speed manaul tranny, exterior lines, HK sounds system, the M wheels, & most of all, the 3.0 I6

Little bit more steering feedback

• SUV