2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews 10

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Beemer smiles per mile
By kasha on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The BMW 325i--what a dream car! It has luxury, power, awesome handling, safety and quality finishing inside and exterior. One awesome feature is the programmable door key that allows the electric seats and mirrors to be configured separately for two different drivers. The car also has enough rear legroom for the mother-in-law.

Best urban luxury car in the Northeast.
By jdevoy on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've decided to buy out the lease on my 330xi because there is not a better car on the market in terms of: ability to drive and park in the city, handle snow storms, tear up the road on long trips. If you leave in the Northeast, and want to drive a sport sedan, this car combines the best of every world.

Fast and fun... refined and reliable
By fastdriver on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a certified used vehicle with 13,0000 miles. This car is very refined and smooth and fun to drive. The amount of money that I spend on the monthly payment is worth every cent. I have never driven a car that is so refined, smooth, and performs so well. The way the steering is so accurate and the way the car handles at high speed. Also, on the freeway the car rides so smoothly and on rough roads you can feel the bumps with the sports suspension but it is worth the trade off for the superior handling. I know of no other car in this price range that combines the quality, refinement, ride control, and handling of this vehicle.

Gold Plated Brakes
By Earl on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Love the car! Bought it used from a Ford Dealer...HA! BMW dealerships were very reluctant to negotiate any. Car is just great. After 1 year, we had to replace brakes and rotors... typical for BMW. Cost around $800. We have good milage on brakes, but rotors usually have to be replaced with pads.

Blue Streak 330i
By DSP on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had some initial problems with a bad batch of cooling fans. Mine failed 3 times! The dealer was great through the problems and I got a free loaner each time I needed one. Haven't had any major problems since then.

A Head Turner
By kygirl on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car has it all--style, performance, and quality-built features apparent even at a casual glance. It has real "get up and go" even though I wimped out and got the steptronic automatic transmission. In steptronic manual gear you can pretend you're driving a five-speed and merging into interstate traffic on a short ramp gets fun in sport gear! My only gripe with the 325i is the relatively cramped passenger room in the backseat. You'd better be close friends or family to ride three in the back. But, hey, this isn't a mini-van. If you want a performance car, get a BMW.

325 isn't what it was
By Ellah on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Don't think BMWs are what they once were. Window motors have failed on 2 windows, water leaks due to faulty seals and more have happened so far. The car is totally babied and it should be better than this.

love the car, hate cleaning the rims
By Kevlarmorte on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the car, a 330i sport package w/ xenon, split seat, and the 5 speed manual. It's fast (especially if you have the engine computer reprogrammed) and it handles like a sports car but rides better than any sports car I've been in (I even get about 26 miles to the gallon in the city).

Almost Perfect
By slohammer on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have to say that this is the best driving car I have ever owned. I bought a 2001 steel metallic blue 325i with sport package, premium package, heated seats, Xenon and purposely ordered a 5-speed. Believe it or not, only 1 in 10 3-series made are manuals. Why would you get an automatic for the "Ultimate Driving Machine"? The transmission on this machine is so smooth, it is just short of orgasmic! If you like to drive, buy a 3-series manual transmission, you'll save $1500 as well.

Quality & Performance
By j0daly01 on 04/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

No problems yet. Fun to drive. Great interior look and feel. No detail overlooked. Great car!