2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Good Reliable Car
By mzurada on 09/04/10 17:28 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I really enjoy my BMW. The coupe is one of the most aesthetically pleasing cars to look at and I wouldn't change a thing when it comes to styling. The sports seats are firm and fantastically comfortable -- my back gets really sore from bad car seats and these are good enough to drive 12 hours a day. My car has a sports suspension which gives it superb handling but the automatic transmission makes my 325 a little underpowered so if you are into speed get the stick. The fuel economy in mixed city/highway driving is only about 22 mpg which is probably average for a car of this age with this type of performance characteristics.

325Ci, fun but not cheap
By killorhome on 03/16/08 05:40 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Right from start of ownership, several trips to shop (moonroof, front passenger seat, trunk lock, body molding, O2 sensor) thank good covered by new car warranty. Car not aging well. While still looks & drives great, several sensors (MAF,PCV & steering angle) all have gone bad within 1 year. Total expected cost $1600! Not to mention several interior trim pieces (C-pillar liner, both driver/passenger window moldings & the gear shift knob are either broken or falling off!!) I got a feeling I'm getting ready for a major break down & it might be time to sell.

2001 BMW 325ci
By PatrickB on 01/16/07 22:09 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This has been a great vehicle to own and drive. It is extremely fun to drive and has been very reliable especially considering it is a European sports car. One of the only places it suffers is in fuel economy which is none the less good for the class of vehicle. I highly recommend buying this car and trust me, the 325ci does not want for power and it is not necessary to buy the more expensive 330ci. I must include a word of caution. Since it is a rear wheel drive car, sometimes it can be harder to drive on snow and ice than a front wheel or all wheel drive car. BMW has an absolutely amazing product. Test drive one and see what a great all around car it is.

I Miss My BMW
By Miss my BMW on 07/30/05 23:04 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just sold my 325Ci a week ago and miss it every day (2nd baby just arrived). What a great car! My fuel mileage was 34 (hwy + 5-speed trans), wonderful ride and better handeling. Very comfortable seats with the sport package. I think the tool kit and built in flash light are great.

5 speed without the clutch
By John on 05/22/05 23:22 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This was a great car. I had to sell due to it not being practical to carry clients in, but it performed well. The AC was a bit sporadic and I had to play with the control to get it to blow the right level.

I like driving now.
By Red Snap on 01/20/05 15:33 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for over 2 years now and bought it used. Which is the way to go when getting a high end car. I like to drive now, didn't before, and don't plan on giving up the car anytime soon. I hope I can always own a BMW.

I like driving now.
By Red Snap on 01/20/05 15:32 PM (PST)

Low Mile's Bimmer
By Chgo. Bad Boy on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned BMW'S since my 1988 M3 & love my 2001 330CI for all the review's are correct. The only problem I have had was a bad front windshield for there where air bubble's in it which looked like over spray, replace it & is fine. The only problem which the dealer tried to fix many time's is a rattle in the passenger door but I credit the dealership for they tried everthing possible to resolve the problem but it is alot better but still is there. Being a big guy(46" chest)the sport seat do not fit me well so the dealer change's the wheel's to the sport package wheel's & all is fine. I wish they would offer the M3 seat that have adjustable side boldster's.

An awesome car
By shopp1999 on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had 3 wonderful years in this car. We have travelled up and down the east coast through blinding snowstorms and enjoyed many trips up the north seacoast in the summer with the top down. A great car!!!

Great car, but...
By rhody on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW and I was very impressed with the quality of the overall package. It is very fun to drive and it handles well although it is not nearly as quick as I had hoped. The Steptronic system gives you the best of both worlds and helps a bit with the acceleration. I love this car, but if you live somewhere where it snows, don't let this be your only car!