2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
All Beamers are fun to drive!!!
By bmwlover on 11/27/08 20:23 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the 330 convertible with sport and premium pkg. Love the heated seats, BMW doesn't scrimp on anything. This is my 6th one. I always buy manuals. Car has power (my last car was a Porsche) so I know what I'm talking about. Have had to replace power steering pump and the fan changes speeds at it own desire. Ice cold air conditioning when the fan decides to work. Harman Kardon sound system. Top goes up and down quickly and effortlessly. Not as solid as my previous 5 series but safe, beautiful, and a blast to drive top up or down. 21 mpg city and I drive hills daily. Uses 1 qt. synthetic oil every other tank of gas. BMW says this is normal but expensive and excessive,

Ultimate 4 place convertible
By ThosEM on 06/02/08 18:30 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Compared with my 1999 Sebring convertible, this car is less expensive to maintain, much more fun to drive, and far better made. Where the Sebring was soft, floppy, and squishy, the 330Ci is solid, firm, and well-damped. And an extra half liter of displacement makes a world of difference in performance. The simple instrumentation harks back to classic sports cars, and so does the hearty sound of the DOHC straight six. Even the starter sound is rapturously robust. The big sport option brakes are simply out of this world, and well worth the brake dust. My only problem in a year and 10k has been the previous owner, who trashed the wheels and control arm bushings on potholes. And what a looker!

Best Ragtop For The Money
By ElectricCatfish on 03/17/07 19:27 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After being a loyal Jag owner I went back to Bavaria and I'm not disappointed. After spending time in numerous droptops ranging from the cramped Boxster to the ample powered XK8 I stumbled upon an 01 330CiC with 40k on the clock and ohhhh was I ever sold after the initial test drive. The build quality is incredible (far above the XK) and the performance is all there (I can't imagine this car with the M engine). The top drops with the push of a button and is silky smooth. The premium/sport options give you all the luxuries you want: xenons, hotseats and H/K audio for starters and interior noise is deathly quiet even at 100. There simply isn't a more perfect ragtop under $30k.

First BMW
By jmyers on 01/26/05 09:58 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW, and I am very pleased. The response is good, gas mileage is around 23 in local driving. I have the optional hard top which is great for the winter months and makes the lines of the car look fantistic. Interior roominess is lacking and rear seat passenger leg room is tight. The car is fun to drive and handling is excellent. I may opt for a 7 series in the near future.

Beach Lovers Dream
By Fun2Drive on 12/02/04 10:31 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 330ci is one of my favorite cars I have owned to date. Fun to drive, great looks, and no mechanical or cosmetic problems. I can see why this vehicle is one of the most wanted cars rated by consumers. Thanks BMW!!!

Outstanding ride
By Sandra White on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Second experience with a BMW and will never purchase anything else. Fabulous to drive, great handling, fun, makes a statement. Go figure, those Germans, really know how to build cars.

2001 330i Convertible
By Anjubeto on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a well designed and great performing automobile with a convertible top that requires no effort to retract or put up.

Just bought and will give hones updates
By finewine on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

So far I am loving it. 5 speed convert. Handles excellently!!!! Looks beyond great. Now the real test will be how well the service people treat me /car and how well the reliablity of the vehicle holds up. I will NOT be banging the car. More for show. BUT I WILL push it from time to time so it "stays in proper shape":) But I will post here so anyone looking can get an honest perspective.

Love this car
By devvil on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Only thing to watch out for is the Harmon Kardon audio system. It sounds great with the top up but just isn't quite loud enough to give enough 'punch' when you're cruising at 65MPH. Needs more audio power.

The PERFECT Convertible
By Mom of two on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 5 months, bot it used and have LOVED every minute of driving it. Just added Michelin Alpin tires for the winter months to continue enjoying it. The more I've driven it, the 'better' it responds and handles. It is just a perfect, flawless vehicle (ok, except for the cup-holder).