Used 2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

All Beamers are fun to drive!!!
By bmwlover

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the 330 convertible with sport and premium pkg. Love the heated seats, BMW doesn't scrimp on anything. This is my 6th one. I always buy manuals. Car has power (my last car was a Porsche) so I know what I'm talking about. Have had to replace power steering pump and the fan changes speeds at it own desire. Ice cold air conditioning when the fan decides to work. Harman Kardon sound system. Top goes up and down quickly and effortlessly. Not as solid as my previous 5 series but safe, beautiful, and a blast to drive top up or down. 21 mpg city and I drive hills daily. Uses 1 qt. synthetic oil every other tank of gas. BMW says this is normal but expensive and excessive,

Favorite Features

Handling, acceleration and braking. Like all BMWs fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Fix oil burning. No more fan problems.

Ultimate 4 place convertible
By ThosEM

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Compared with my 1999 Sebring convertible, this car is less expensive to maintain, much more fun to drive, and far better made. Where the Sebring was soft, floppy, and squishy, the 330Ci is solid, firm, and well-damped. And an extra half liter of displacement makes a world of difference in performance. The simple instrumentation harks back to classic sports cars, and so does the hearty sound of the DOHC straight six. Even the starter sound is rapturously robust. The big sport option brakes are simply out of this world, and well worth the brake dust. My only problem in a year and 10k has been the previous owner, who trashed the wheels and control arm bushings on potholes. And what a looker!

Favorite Features

Short front overhang, muscular build, wide rear wheels, balanced road stance, controlled sport suspension, rain-sensing wipers, open alloy wheels and giant brakes, dipping right mirror, convertible top cover, fine fit and finish throughout, especially the convertible top, Xenon headlights, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a compass, wheel cleaner wand for removing that brake dust, transmission fluid level dipstick. BMW could be a bit less mystical about certified parts and mechanics. Also, my warning triangle is missing ;=)

Best Ragtop For The Money
By ElectricCatfish

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After being a loyal Jag owner I went back to Bavaria and I'm not disappointed. After spending time in numerous droptops ranging from the cramped Boxster to the ample powered XK8 I stumbled upon an 01 330CiC with 40k on the clock and ohhhh was I ever sold after the initial test drive. The build quality is incredible (far above the XK) and the performance is all there (I can't imagine this car with the M engine). The top drops with the push of a button and is silky smooth. The premium/sport options give you all the luxuries you want: xenons, hotseats and H/K audio for starters and interior noise is deathly quiet even at 100. There simply isn't a more perfect ragtop under $30k.

Favorite Features

Performance & handling! Interior room and quality (I'm 6'2" and can crawl around detailing with the top up without complaints). Sport and Premium Packages complete the masterpiece. Ease of use of audio/climate control, Incredible lack of interior noise for a convertible.

Suggested Improvements

Make 18" wheels standard and throw in a mesh windscreen from the factory and perfection is achieved. That's about it for now. I could grumble about expensive service fees but I consider it a membership fee of the "My Car Will Not Be Lost In a Mall Parking Lot" club.

First BMW
By jmyers

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW, and I am very pleased. The response is good, gas mileage is around 23 in local driving. I have the optional hard top which is great for the winter months and makes the lines of the car look fantistic. Interior roominess is lacking and rear seat passenger leg room is tight. The car is fun to drive and handling is excellent. I may opt for a 7 series in the near future.

Favorite Features

Optional hard top, exterior lines, and good performance.

Suggested Improvements

Two or three inch increase in interior length would be helpful.

Beach Lovers Dream
By Fun2Drive

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 330ci is one of my favorite cars I have owned to date. Fun to drive, great looks, and no mechanical or cosmetic problems. I can see why this vehicle is one of the most wanted cars rated by consumers. Thanks BMW!!!

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Making this vehicle a two seater model. The Z4 is great, but the looks of the 330 are even greater.