2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
What a Thrill
By BMWNewbie on 06/05/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used with 70,018 miles from a reputable BMW dealer. This is my first BMW. I was skeptical buying this car with so many miles but have no regrets. Purchasing this car from a "BMW Dealer" helped ease my worries. I subsequently had the car checked by a certified BMW mechanic. The Dealer replaced the control arms, tires, brakes, and rotors. It helped that this car had only "one owner," I only replaced the thermostat at 79K miles. It was suggested I replace the overflow bottle as well before driving from Philadelphia, PA to Tulsa, OK (1300 total miles). Since then, I have driven to Philadelphia (2600 total miles) and back to Tulsa with no problems.

All Beamers are fun to drive!!!
By bmwlover on 11/27/08 20:23 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the 330 convertible with sport and premium pkg. Love the heated seats, BMW doesn't scrimp on anything. This is my 6th one. I always buy manuals. Car has power (my last car was a Porsche) so I know what I'm talking about. Have had to replace power steering pump and the fan changes speeds at it own desire. Ice cold air conditioning when the fan decides to work. Harman Kardon sound system. Top goes up and down quickly and effortlessly. Not as solid as my previous 5 series but safe, beautiful, and a blast to drive top up or down. 21 mpg city and I drive hills daily. Uses 1 qt. synthetic oil every other tank of gas. BMW says this is normal but expensive and excessive,

Ultimate 4 place convertible
By ThosEM on 06/02/08 18:30 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Compared with my 1999 Sebring convertible, this car is less expensive to maintain, much more fun to drive, and far better made. Where the Sebring was soft, floppy, and squishy, the 330Ci is solid, firm, and well-damped. And an extra half liter of displacement makes a world of difference in performance. The simple instrumentation harks back to classic sports cars, and so does the hearty sound of the DOHC straight six. Even the starter sound is rapturously robust. The big sport option brakes are simply out of this world, and well worth the brake dust. My only problem in a year and 10k has been the previous owner, who trashed the wheels and control arm bushings on potholes. And what a looker!

Best Ragtop For The Money
By ElectricCatfish on 03/17/07 19:27 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After being a loyal Jag owner I went back to Bavaria and I'm not disappointed. After spending time in numerous droptops ranging from the cramped Boxster to the ample powered XK8 I stumbled upon an 01 330CiC with 40k on the clock and ohhhh was I ever sold after the initial test drive. The build quality is incredible (far above the XK) and the performance is all there (I can't imagine this car with the M engine). The top drops with the push of a button and is silky smooth. The premium/sport options give you all the luxuries you want: xenons, hotseats and H/K audio for starters and interior noise is deathly quiet even at 100. There simply isn't a more perfect ragtop under $30k.

Most fun and comfortable to drive.
By Edward on 10/18/06 11:44 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Best handling car and most comfortable to sit in for long drives that I have ever owned (including Lexus, Benz, and Toyota). Most costly I've ever owned to maintain other than Benz.

What a car!!!
By Djovanovic on 03/17/06 09:44 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2001 325Ci in February 2006. Although I've had it only for a short time, I am in love! The handling is amazing. I drop the top every chance I get and boy does it turn heads driving down the street. Even my 4 year old daughter and wife can't get enough. After researching and driving the Volvo C70 and the Saab 9-3, I am confident that I made the right choice with the Bimmer. I actually look forward to running to the store to pick up eggs or milk, because I get to drive my car!

First BMW
By jmyers on 01/26/05 09:58 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW, and I am very pleased. The response is good, gas mileage is around 23 in local driving. I have the optional hard top which is great for the winter months and makes the lines of the car look fantistic. Interior roominess is lacking and rear seat passenger leg room is tight. The car is fun to drive and handling is excellent. I may opt for a 7 series in the near future.

Beach Lovers Dream
By Fun2Drive on 12/02/04 10:31 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 330ci is one of my favorite cars I have owned to date. Fun to drive, great looks, and no mechanical or cosmetic problems. I can see why this vehicle is one of the most wanted cars rated by consumers. Thanks BMW!!!

325
By OKHunter on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car for the wife, coming off a 3 year lease @2.9%, on a BMW CPO program. Have had to take back to dealership twice, once to replace a faulty intake cam sensor, and once for some minor adjustments. Handling is impeccable, and power is good for 184HP, but wish they would offer more power without having to upgrade to a 330. Haven't pushed the top end, but expect it's more than I would want. Dealership has been fair to deal with, but I just don't have that warm fuzzy feeling yet. Brake dust, of course, is an unsolveable problem.

Outstanding ride
By Sandra White on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Second experience with a BMW and will never purchase anything else. Fabulous to drive, great handling, fun, makes a statement. Go figure, those Germans, really know how to build cars.