Used 2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
What a car!!!
By Djovanovic

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2001 325Ci in February 2006. Although I've had it only for a short time, I am in love! The handling is amazing. I drop the top every chance I get and boy does it turn heads driving down the street. Even my 4 year old daughter and wife can't get enough. After researching and driving the Volvo C70 and the Saab 9-3, I am confident that I made the right choice with the Bimmer. I actually look forward to running to the store to pick up eggs or milk, because I get to drive my car!

Favorite Features

Eye catching exterior, the top is quick and easy to use, handles like a dream, both seat have fully programmable seats, the stereo sounds fantastic, sterio controls on the steering wheel, and it's an overall fun car to drive!!!

Suggested Improvements

Better placement of the cup holders, adding lights around the sun visor mirrors, and heated seats should be standard. Other than that I love it!

What a Thrill
By BMWNewbie

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used with 70,018 miles from a reputable BMW dealer. This is my first BMW. I was skeptical buying this car with so many miles but have no regrets. Purchasing this car from a "BMW Dealer" helped ease my worries. I subsequently had the car checked by a certified BMW mechanic. The Dealer replaced the control arms, tires, brakes, and rotors. It helped that this car had only "one owner," I only replaced the thermostat at 79K miles. It was suggested I replace the overflow bottle as well before driving from Philadelphia, PA to Tulsa, OK (1300 total miles). Since then, I have driven to Philadelphia (2600 total miles) and back to Tulsa with no problems.

Favorite Features

The convertible top is the best! This is my second convertible. My first convertible was a Triumph Spitfire with a manual top. Interior is well designed and the handling is by far one of the best experience of any sports car I've driven. I love the sound of the engine when changing gears...SWEET!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Cheaper price for the battery. I replaced the battery at 80K miles at a whopping cost of $304, Ouch!! Definitely would love the Sport Package with the boosted padded seats (heated) and HK sound system. I can do without the 17" sport tires since the ride would be not as smooth with the 15" tires.

Most fun and comfortable to drive.
By Edward

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Best handling car and most comfortable to sit in for long drives that I have ever owned (including Lexus, Benz, and Toyota). Most costly I've ever owned to maintain other than Benz.

Favorite Features

Convertible top, handling on curves outstanding, acceleration, and THE quietest convertible on the market; I've been in noiser sedans (wind, etc.).

Suggested Improvements

It's the little electrical and mechanical flaws that happen that cause a high cost of ownership and aggravation or I would have given the car all 10s.

bmw
By timber35

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

fun and sexy. At 38000 miles, faultless. Easy to use manual top much more reliable than auto top.

Favorite Features

fun

Suggested Improvements

6 speed manual

325
By OKHunter

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car for the wife, coming off a 3 year lease @2.9%, on a BMW CPO program. Have had to take back to dealership twice, once to replace a faulty intake cam sensor, and once for some minor adjustments. Handling is impeccable, and power is good for 184HP, but wish they would offer more power without having to upgrade to a 330. Haven't pushed the top end, but expect it's more than I would want. Dealership has been fair to deal with, but I just don't have that warm fuzzy feeling yet. Brake dust, of course, is an unsolveable problem.

Favorite Features

Dust is a curse, the brake performance is world class. Styling and fun to drive quotient are over the top. Seals and stability of the conv top make it feel like your in a hardtop. Memory seats are cool; I'm 5'11", my wife is 5'0".

Suggested Improvements

The Germans can build a car of this quality, but they can't fix the brake dust? Gimme a break; they don't wanna fix it; they'd rather sell brake jobs instead! Need some "tweakage options" to boost acceleration.