2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
What a Thrill
By BMWNewbie on 06/05/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used with 70,018 miles from a reputable BMW dealer. This is my first BMW. I was skeptical buying this car with so many miles but have no regrets. Purchasing this car from a "BMW Dealer" helped ease my worries. I subsequently had the car checked by a certified BMW mechanic. The Dealer replaced the control arms, tires, brakes, and rotors. It helped that this car had only "one owner," I only replaced the thermostat at 79K miles. It was suggested I replace the overflow bottle as well before driving from Philadelphia, PA to Tulsa, OK (1300 total miles). Since then, I have driven to Philadelphia (2600 total miles) and back to Tulsa with no problems.

Most fun and comfortable to drive.
By Edward on 10/18/06 11:44 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Best handling car and most comfortable to sit in for long drives that I have ever owned (including Lexus, Benz, and Toyota). Most costly I've ever owned to maintain other than Benz.

What a car!!!
By Djovanovic on 03/17/06 09:44 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2001 325Ci in February 2006. Although I've had it only for a short time, I am in love! The handling is amazing. I drop the top every chance I get and boy does it turn heads driving down the street. Even my 4 year old daughter and wife can't get enough. After researching and driving the Volvo C70 and the Saab 9-3, I am confident that I made the right choice with the Bimmer. I actually look forward to running to the store to pick up eggs or milk, because I get to drive my car!

325
By OKHunter on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car for the wife, coming off a 3 year lease @2.9%, on a BMW CPO program. Have had to take back to dealership twice, once to replace a faulty intake cam sensor, and once for some minor adjustments. Handling is impeccable, and power is good for 184HP, but wish they would offer more power without having to upgrade to a 330. Haven't pushed the top end, but expect it's more than I would want. Dealership has been fair to deal with, but I just don't have that warm fuzzy feeling yet. Brake dust, of course, is an unsolveable problem.

bmw
By timber35 on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

fun and sexy. At 38000 miles, faultless. Easy to use manual top much more reliable than auto top.

Ultimate tanning machine
By Snik on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It looks great. Handling is superb. Beautiful styling. Power is not optimal but adequate.

A dream
By Santana on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I think one of the best vehicles ever produced. My family loves it. It suppossed to be my car but since I bought it my wife is driving it all the time. Last weekend after I cleaned I went for a "short" ride. Two hours later my wife call on the cell-phone... I just love the drive in this car.

convertible
By bmwdale on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

fun car, bmw reliability, best color combination (steel blue w/ tan interior, dark blue top -- pricing service is "crazy" to give a deduct for that color)-- weekend car for me (I should have got a stick shift)

Best Cabrio on the Road
By Adeel on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best 4 seater convertible ever.

Radiator Problems
By samarap on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

While this is a great car, it is not at all perfect. I continue to have antifreeze smells after two years and several trips to the dealer. Front brakes also did not last very long. May not keep it after warranty due to expected high cost of maintenance.