Pay the Piper
By cookieman on
2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe
BMW sure has their act together in terms of building a car that performs flawlessly, is a gas to drive and is comfortable on any length trip. I've driven up to 12 hours at a pop in my 328 and get out feeling great. The engine is increadbly responsive and the handling is impeccable. I've driven it for nearly 37,000 miles and the driving experience has been excellent.Unfortunately, BMW doens't seem to know how to build a reliable car. I've had problems with door lock mechanisms (couldn't get in the car), the throttle body (car quit on the interstate at 80 mph), the door trim and now it needs $1000 worth of front end work (control arms, control arm bushings and front stabilizer link).
Favorite Features
The engine responsiveness and power band is impressive. The handling is probably as good as it gets in a street car.The interior has everything well placed and the car fits like it's part of you. The sound system is just okay, but i don't get in my car to hear great music.
Suggested Improvements
Redesign the front suspension so it lasts longer than 36K mi.Use a polyurethane or epoxy paint that isn't going to chip like crazy.