2000 BMW 3 Series 2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Overpriced and unreliable

2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

323Ci Coupe (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Overpriced and unreliable
By bueller72 on

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car brand new in 2000 and can honestly say that this has been the most expensive and poorly designed vehicle I've ever owned. I've had the following issues: suspension issues (control arms - 2 times!), HVAC, ignition switch, windown regulators, power steering pump, radio, horns, speakers go bad and require replacement. Latest issues: camshaft sensor, amplifier, and another power window regulator. Stay away from BMW. BMW North America doesn't care about their customers either. After warranty expires, DUMP THIS CAR.

Favorite Features

Great handling, fun to drive, and lots of admiring looks from most everyone who sees it. Timeless styling helps with resale! Decent car in snow, although DSC kind of makes the car slower at times when you're trying to pull out into traffic.

Suggested Improvements

If an American car was built this poorly, it would be in Consumer Reports. Unfortunately, everyone believes that BMW's are bulletproof and only America makes crap. I know believe that Germany makes crap too!