2000 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Impressed

2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

323i Sedan (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Impressed
By Lance on

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

This fun little gas sipper has changed my mind about BMW. I always thought of them as an overpriced equivalent to Volkswagen. First, The power to weight ratio is great. Secondly, the ride and handling is sporty enough to zip around country roads in but not so stiff you can't enjoy a long haul on the interstates. Lastly, the fuel economy is astounding. I get 33-35 MPG highway and an overall average of 25.7. I don't baby it or drive it like it's stolen, I just drive it the way one should. Maintenance has not been horrible. A new set of tires (touring 4 season) $600 with line up, window regulators $200 each installed, oil changes are $80 for BMW filter and full synthetic oil (15,000 mi).

Favorite Features

Excellent daily driver for anyone looking for a smaller sedan with a good build quality and resale value. This has been a fun car to own and drive.

Suggested Improvements

The auto climate control is just less than perfect. The back seat passengers do not have vents. Also, you must select a/c even in 'auto' mode. The oem window regulators use plastic pulleys that wear out. Prepare to spend $200-250 per window when they go out. I lost 3 in two weeks!