Good, Stressful 14 months of Ownership
By Zachtank on
2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan
Buying this car was a big step up from my 92 Honda Civic and as far as vehicular performance, I have no complaints. The fuel mileage is unparalleled for a 2.5L 6-cyl. The handling is taut, and the power is more than sufficient. There is so much fun gadgetry that you discover a new "favorite feature" every day for the first two months of ownership. When I show the car it takes an hour to cover the wonderful bits and pieces and I always forget a couple favorites. HOWEVER, I am selling it. If you're a tightwad like I am, the expensive maintenance, and more exhorbitant repairs will induce a coronary with every squeak and rattle, and in spite of it's solid feel, there are many. Too much $.
Favorite Features
Xenon makes the world light up. Logarithmic MPG gauge - so nice! Climate control with automatic recirculation. Dynamic Stability Control. Smooooooth transmission. Auto-dimming rearview. Central locks and windows W/ ONE TOUCH CLOSURE!! Base speakers are quite impressive. Mileage/HP tradeoff
Suggested Improvements
BMW is so internally focused, I actually had my car fail a BMW inspection, not because anything was WRONG but because brake pads were "aftermarket" Cost of parts, repairs, even diagnostic is insane at BMW dealer. $1000 for Water pump, thermostat, and accesories belt? Please!