2000 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Be smart, avoid the dealer.

2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

328i Sedan (2.8L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Be smart, avoid the dealer.
By NeverGoingAmerican on

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 5 years and if I can have things my way, I'll never buy anything BUT a BMW. It's a joy to drive, styling is sporty without being gaudy, and after a car wash, I could swear I was looking at a brand new Beemer. Maintenance costs are high after the warranty has run out. Be smart, and DON'T go to the dealer to fix every little thing. I recently had my brakes repaired (new rotors, pads and sensors) for $700, the dealer wanted $1900. Do yourself a favor and hunt around your city to find a reliable BMW certified mechanic. If you do this, long maintenance will be much more managable.

Styling. I swapped out the orange turn signals for clear housing and this car looks ever better. I love my aluminum trim with black leather. Tight steering, I feel like I'll never spin out. Stability is impressive, even in the desert at 135mph en route to Las Vegas. Nightime interior orange glow.

The stock speakers for this car are impressively weak. I've wanted to change them out for a long, long time. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to the Harmon-Kardon system. I recommend a manual transmisson on any BMW, but the clutch is tricky; the engage range is very small and the gears have long throws