2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
'00 323 Sedan
By Laborlitigator on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Fun to drive, fun to drive, fun to drive. After adding on 18" M3 style rims with Michelin Pilot Sports, it became even more fun to drive. Since I purchased it CPO, everything is covered until 100K miles which should be fine based on my driving.

One of the Best
By skijazman on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 14K miles on it and having put almost 40K miles on it 2 years, I can say this is one of the best cars I've ever owned. I love the looks, handling and comfort. It's not a rocket, but it's still quick and great for passing and navigating through freeway traffic. I'm now spoiled. Will drive this one until it's time to get another.

90,000 Mile Review
By maui323 on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

After 90,000 miles in under 3 years, I'm as satisfied with this car as I was on the first day. It had some relatively minor problems while under warranty - window motors, thermostat re- call, etc. But I can honestly say that other than the tires, I've put less than $300 into this car. That will change shortly as I'm about ready to replace the brake rotors, but really not an expensive car to drive and maintain. I have a 100 mile R/T commute, and I'm really impressed with the comfort, handling and feel. We also have a 2002 530, and I actually prefer to drvie the 3.

Good, but....
By Tenngizmo on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

I like a lot of aspects of this car. Great appearance, pin-point handling and rock-solid brakes. However, I've had several annoying and far too numerous electrical problems. I don't think this car has ever gone more than 90 days without a problem of one sort or another. I've heard of other people with the same kind of problems. German build quality is good, but they should send their electrical guys back to school.

MyBMW
By jhong on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Very fun to drive. awesome driving machine

excllnt for family, young couple, enthus
By 3seriesisbest on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

holds the road well. nice design, very utilitarian. good in rain and snow

Not perfect, but so much fun
By 340paul on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

So far, this car has been so much fun to drive. I don't know how BMW does it, but their smallish 6 cyl feels big. It rides and drives wonderfully. As for complaints, it seems as if we all have the same problems. I've had the driver side window regulator replaced twice, and all other windows once. Sunroof shade clip broke just like the others too. Brakes put out tremendous amounts of dust, and wore out at 30000 miles, but they work! Stereo speakers definitely not up to the standards of this car. Overall, I love this car, but I'm not looking forward to my warranty running out. My next one will have a 5-spd and sport package.

Engine light
By runanelope on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

I have had my engine light go on about every other month. Little annoying things like VANOS, thermostat, gas cap. But it hasn't left me stranded. I have the 323i. I don't like the power although it isn't bad. I would opt for more tork. The drive itself is amazing!!!!

awesome!
By vicsta on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

The most fun to drive car out there for the money... highly recommended.

The Germans build a better car.
By rwlpa on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

I had always owned American cars --- never again. The Germans build a better car. No more front wheel drive for me. The performance and handling of a manual gearbox front rear wheel drive car is a wonderful thing.