2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
BMW Driver
By pekiii on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

This vehicle amazes me in how well it is made. The fit and attention to detail is unmistakably obvious. Unlike ANY american car with as many miles 88K in four years there is simply no comaprison. I would rather spend 20K on a used BMW than a new american car. Forget Italian, Swedish, French even Japanese or Korean cars. Germany is were the only true automobile is engineered. P.S. I'm involved on a daily basis with automobile mfg. plants throughout the midwest and only foreign owned and operated mfg. are really concerned with making a superior product. Visteon and Delphi will be bankrupt within 20 years. The American business model is to blame.

expensive to maintain
By bagua on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Overall a decent car but once it's over warranty it's not worth having due to extremely high repair costs. Could use more power at times. One major complaint is the driver's seat has no support, become's very uncomfortable quickly and I only have 50000 miles on the car so the seats should have held out longer than that I would have thought. The brakes are very high maitenance and don't have a very long life. If I ever buy another BMW I would only buy or lease new.

Best Car in the Desert
By Living in Phoenix on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Great car for the everyday commute. Awesome when you get on the open road, and leaves you feeling safe and snug with the handeling abilities and numerous safety features in the city. I can't wait to purchase the next one! One note, you must keep up on the preventative maint., seems a bit costly at first, but these cars go forever.

One great Three!
By ctyson on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This car is a blast to drive! Do youself a favor a put on a set of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's. Premium rubber will take your 3 to the next level - it's well worth the cost. I recently took a trip up to CT where I blew the doors off my brother-in-law's new S-Type Jaguar with a 4.2 V8! When I hit 140mph my 328i still felt rock solid going around highway bends as he disappeared in my rear-view mirror.

Fantastic Car!
By e30mpwrd on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Bought my 323 with 60k miles on the clock. The car has been fantastic. Yes it's underpowered relative to the 330--but that's why it costs less! The car is still quick--esp. when it gets in the heart of the rev's, and it handles like--well, like a BMW should. The ergonomics of this car (the E46) are a huge step forward from the E36.

Great car.
By Lukasz on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328Ci 2dr Coupe

Great performance car, outstanding handling, sweet ride quality,

Buy the warranty
By All Jazz on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I purchased my BMW 328 with 44,000 miles on it. It is beautiful and drives like a dream. The problem is that many little things keep breaking. I don't even drive it everyday. I have only put 5,000 miles on it in one year. It has been in the shop 3 X. Currently, the emergency light is not working. That's bad. Great cars but make sure that you buy the warranty.Also, when you call to get it fixed the wait is 2 weeks. Good thing I have a backup car. My dependable Jeep Grand Cherokee! (for real) Husband drives a 1991 BMW and has had no trouble with it. Purchased it with 65,000 miles on it. Again, make sure you get the warranty!

What a Car!
By Gilesjewels on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT 4dr Wagon

Always loved Saabs for the way they handled curves and cornering but this first time Bmw owner is convinced that this is the best car I have ever driven.It is powerful,luxurious, and drives smooth.

Great Car
By msknet1 on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

I have had my 2000 323iA for almost two years and the vehicle has 80k on the odometer. I drive over 100 mi round trip to work every day and average 30+ mpg on the highway during the warmer months. Overall average is 27+ mpg. I use dedicated snow tires during the winter and the car is wonderful in bad conditions. I have the required servicing performed and change the oil and filter at 8k intervals. I value this car for its driving characteristics, safety and overall appearance. Best car I have ever owned. Wife wants to drive it all the time as well. When I compare to other vehicles, I keep coming back to BMW. This is my 5th BMW over the past 20 yrs.

AWESOME CAR!
By WNDYAUTUMN on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This car is everything we could have asked for. It's fun to drive, everytime I get into it I renew my love for it. We came out of a Cadillac Seville STS and will probably never go back.