Used 2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

I love my 323i
By Jared

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Awesome car. I was a little aprehensive to enter into the European market but I was blown away by this car. Talk about fun to drive. She'll get up and go like nobody's buisness. She'll take a corner like she's on rails. Its truly amazing. Love it, live it.....BMW!!!!!

Favorite Features

Suspension, Inline 6, Beautiful design inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

lower price????

BMW Does Not Equal Quality
By BMW = Quality???

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

I'm a 32 year old financial planner. Owned a Honda and two Toyota's before deciding to buy THE car. I bought a used 2000 328i with 45k miles on it two years ago. It now has a little over 100k on it. It still runs great, feels great, looks great, it's a real joy to drive. BUT the maintenance costs on this car are crazy. Sensors, computers, brakes, thermostat. I've probably spent an additional $3,000 in the last 12 months on maintenance issues. I finally found a local shop that works on them rather than getting robbed at the dealership for every little thing. Fun car to drive, expensive to own.

Favorite Features

Great ride! Very comfortable. Gas mileage is good. And it's still great to look at.

Suggested Improvements

The long term reliability of this car is a real downer.

Great drive but bad bad quality
By Matthew Graham

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

I love driving this car and this is the second BMW that I have purchased new. The first was in the late 80s when I lived in Europe. I only kept that car for twelve months. It was an absolute mechanical nightmare. I said, I would never buy a BMW again but test driving it changed my mind within minutes, maybe before I put it in gear. They are by far the most comfortable and amazing car to drive but their reliability is just awful and they severely lack the quality and workmanship of their Japanese competitors. I now know I will never again purchase a BMW. It is definitely a younger personís car and as I dive into my middle age, I need and deserve something more reliable and less hassle.

Favorite Features

Just getting into my BWW with nowhere in particular to go and taking a drive around town, up the mountains or out of the city. It is a dream to drive and a driving experience that you will not get in any other car. That is of course when it is actually running.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the quality and workmanship. It is such a shame that a car that is so awesome to drive with road holding like no other cannot have the quality that it deserves. It should be water resistant to the CA weather; this should not be too difficult. The windows mechanisms should last two years.

Unreliable
By UnhappyBMWowner

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

Purchased used with 33,000 miles. This is my second, and how disappointed I am. Way too many problems, with everything from the windows to the braking system, to the engine and etc. 14 trips to the dealer for repairs since 10/2003. I would never buy another, and am looking into an Audi or Mercedes. I do have to admit the the MPG is awesome, at times I have clocked 40+. BMW is not what it used to be!! BMW really needs to work on the reliability. This car is way too expensive to maintain!

Favorite Features

Radio controls on the steering wheel, the handling around turns on my country roads and most definitely the MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Window mechanics, braking mechanics, and just some good old reliability!!

Drive it
By driveithard

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Good Car, Smooth, reliable, fun. What else is more fun to drive 4 the price? Maintain it, and drive the crap out of it and it still comes back for more....buy it, you'll like it.

Favorite Features

Engine, steering, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Steering is better with the E36 steering box....