2000 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews 8

2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
One year later
By luvmysunz on 06/02/05 17:57 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT 4dr Wagon

Bought my 323it a year ago and I love it more than the day I drove it off the lot! Best car I have ever owned..hands down. The handling in city driving can't be beat - smooth acceleration, precision steering. The ride is still quiet and in no way feels like there are 52,000 miles under its wheels. Weekend getaways are a joy. With the roof rack system we purchased for luggage carrying, it is actually more roomy inside on these trips than my 4Runner was. And the drop down separator in the back seat has been a lifesaver with two boys under 13! Love it, love it, love it.

Good, Stressful 14 months of Ownership
By Zachtank on 02/23/05 17:39 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Buying this car was a big step up from my 92 Honda Civic and as far as vehicular performance, I have no complaints. The fuel mileage is unparalleled for a 2.5L 6-cyl. The handling is taut, and the power is more than sufficient. There is so much fun gadgetry that you discover a new "favorite feature" every day for the first two months of ownership. When I show the car it takes an hour to cover the wonderful bits and pieces and I always forget a couple favorites. HOWEVER, I am selling it. If you're a tightwad like I am, the expensive maintenance, and more exhorbitant repairs will induce a coronary with every squeak and rattle, and in spite of it's solid feel, there are many. Too much $.

5 month review
By Hootie361 on 02/17/05 13:02 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Time for the 5 month review. Highly recommend buying the service manual and an error-code reader ($250 total for both). My car had little things, such as bulbs, sensors, filters degrade and required replacing. These cars are CAKE to work on so long as you have the service manual. Most repairs require very basic tools and a couple hours of patience. My first winter encountered no driving problems, even on snow-covered roads. The DSC kicks in as needed to keep the vehicle from slipping, even with all- season tires. I still can't get enough of this auto...

Stylish but over-rated
By surfman on 02/13/05 21:02 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT 4dr Wagon

Purchased used with 32,000 miles for less than half the MSRP. Even with the sport suspension this is not the ultimate driving machine. The 2.5 six is underpowered and the ride can be harsh. I like the look of the wagon body, but the styling is a bit fussy. The interior is comfortable but uninspired. Would never buy an overpriced new one. I still have my 94 Honda Accord wagon which continues to impress me.

Pay the Piper
By cookieman on 01/25/05 08:26 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328Ci 2dr Coupe

BMW sure has their act together in terms of building a car that performs flawlessly, is a gas to drive and is comfortable on any length trip. I've driven up to 12 hours at a pop in my 328 and get out feeling great. The engine is increadbly responsive and the handling is impeccable. I've driven it for nearly 37,000 miles and the driving experience has been excellent.Unfortunately, BMW doens't seem to know how to build a reliable car. I've had problems with door lock mechanisms (couldn't get in the car), the throttle body (car quit on the interstate at 80 mph), the door trim and now it needs $1000 worth of front end work (control arms, control arm bushings and front stabilizer link).

My first lemon
By riverwork on 12/01/04 22:11 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

This is my second BMW. I have also owned several new Japanese cars. This has been in the shop about eight times for major repairs. The brakes, suspension and several electrical components have been replaced numerous times. The dealer has been terrific about fixing the car - even when it went past warranty. Apparently, the problems are typical of this series. However, the time and general hassle really diminished the BMW "driving experience"and I will never buy one again (hate the new styling, anyway).

Love My 3-series Coupe..Glitches and All
By ghillier on 11/24/04 15:30 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 # series coupe in Feb 2003 with 28,000 miles on it. In general, I love the car. It looks great, has comfy front seats, handles well on dry pavement, and gets awesome gas mileage. My complaints include lousy brakes - I've had them replaced once and they still pull the car to right and severe hydroplaning in rainy conditions.

Wow, the whole package!
By bmwlover21 on 11/15/04 22:36 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328Ci 2dr Coupe

This car is, in a nutshell, the best all around package you can get for the money. It has great handling, steering, acceleration, and surprisingly good gas mileage. The coupe is especially fun considering it's standard sport suspension and lower vehicle height.

Solid Ride
By Noreaster on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Second owner, first BMW and like it very much thus far. 67K Mi. Sharp looking, nicely appointed interior, smooth ride and adequate power. One unexpected repair was cracking of rear coil spring, ended up having to replace both costing about $500. Also, the small radio antenna off the back antenna base broke off probably in car wash, resulting in poorer radio reception. Other than those, usual maitenance. Love it and hope that it continues to serve me well.

One of the best cars ever!!
By Fender58 on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for about four weeks; I bought used 2000 model with 57,700 mls. on it. I wanted a 540i, but, couldn't really afford one (without robbing Peter to pay Paul). Car is extremely responsive, smooth, handles superb; basically, everything I expected it to be and more. There is something to all the hype about BMWs. It has been a dream of mine since I was a teenager to own a BMW. I will definately get another one when the time comes.