2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!
By Adog on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Well ive only had my BMW for a few days and I love everything about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

next car won't be a bmw.
By himmy on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

i had a datsun 280 zx with 73,000 miles for 18 years. never replaced anything but one window motor and tires. with this bmw, the right front turn signal light burned out, all four electric window motors and assemblies had to be replaced, as did the sunroof motor - oh, and let's not forget the two new tires i had to buy at only 25,000 miles! also, my car was towed and the alarm never went off! a cheap little rental chevy cavalier i was driving was attempted to be towed, and that alarm blared - go figure. if you bought my car, it would probably be fine because of all that i have had to have repaired. i am so disappointed.

major headache
By kataklyzm on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

31 technical service bulletins after spending $3000 in repairs, 2 days later the check engine light comes on ultimate driving machine my a$$..i have NEVER had a car with so many problems..one car was a 1990 mitsu eclipe turbo AWD with 240,000 miles and it was more reliable than this thing they call a car!!!

BMW's owners appreciate it.
By BMWBEST on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

I appreciate how BMW never lets me down. I love the 3 sieres! The handling is unbeatable. Traction control to safty........this is a superior car for the money.

323i
By phillymarshal on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

This car has an agressive exterior coupled with a luxuriously appointed interior. The black exterior/tan leather interior combination is striking. The car seems to be engineered as a whole instead of pieces cobbled together. Performance from the 2.3 litre engine is suprisingly strong and smooth. Mileage hovers around 30 mpg at 80 mph. Impressive!

Thought it was hype 'til I owned one.
By FleaMW on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Pure and simple, this car is a joy to drive day in and day out. The quality and reliability are on a much higher level from the other vehicles I have owned in the past. At 100,000 miles, everything is still tight and rattle free. I use snow tires on all four wheels during our Ohio winters and they provide excellent stability in the slick stuff. Don't drive like a maniac and consistantly get 27-31 MPG with 5 speed.

Buyer be ware!
By HPBaco on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

I thought I was buying a car that would last me for a long time. I only have 63,000 miles on it and its starting to break down like an American car. Electric problems, complete brake job, and more! I had 2 Nissans and 2 Hondas, and loved them all, see you BMW, hello Toyota!

BMW owner for life
By Upstater on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

This is an extraordinary car: I've driven it across the country twice, and I'm ready to go again. Tight suspension, beautiful interior, and amazing mileage (about 29 mpg with a combination of city and highway) considering it's a sports sedan. This is my first BMW, and I expect it to own it for many more years...and when it's finally time to upgrade, I'm going back to BMW. How about a hydrogen-powered model? BMW is the kind of company that could pull it off.

Fun but FRUSTRATING
By H.Payne on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new--SO fun to drive. Great handling, great looks, but I pity the fool who has this car without a warranty. MANY repairs -- driver's seat warmer,window motor,suspension issue,door handle problem,dash compartment door,two recall items,seat warmer indicator light,& more. Was going to sell the car before the warranty ran out, but made the mistake of keeping it. Less than one month later, my car stalled due to a malfunctioning fuel sensor. AAARGHHH!!!

BMTroubleU
By fjm1 on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

30+ unscheduled trips for dealer service says it all.