Used 2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Automatic Windows are Poor
By Joe NY

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Drive train wise the car is fantastic. Plenty of get up and go with the slighest touch of the gas peddle. Aesthetically it is still the most attractive on the road. Still get looks for a nearly 7 year old car. In winter I use 4 snows and have no problems even got home in an ice storm. I have a standard shift and its so fun to drive on the curves in the Adirondacks.

Favorite Features

Standard shift. How the car just floats at 90mph..

Suggested Improvements

Automatic windows rate a zero. I've had 2 replaced so far. They are constructed like a child's erector set with wire cables.

Can't go wrong with a BMW
By lovemybmw

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

This is my third BMW and my favorite yet, before this car I had a 1999 M3 coupe. I was a little worried about losing power but the 2.8 makes plenty of power and really gets up and scoots. The handling of this car feels just as good as my M3, the ride is firm but comfortable, and the manual trans shifts smooth and precise.

Favorite Features

Looks, power, fuel efficient for a luxury car,

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little more space, however bmw fixed that in 06 with the new body style.

One CoooL Bimmer
By Zzero_CoooL

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

This is one very nice BMW, I have owned the car since day one! This baby has it all and has never gave one minute's problems! I have driven it from the South to the North with no problems what so ever! It is now about 6 years old and still looks and drives as good as any 06 model on the market in my eyes! The styling is super sleek and very demanding! I get glances everytime I pull up to a traffic light! This is the best BMW I have owned to date. Note: I've owned 7 NEW BMW's since 1996, By far this 2000 323i is the best!

Favorite Features

Tinted Windows, sunroof, the stance and overall look of the car. I really like the audio controls on the wheel. Nice touch! The H.K sound system is great. The interior is designed so well, I can't choose which I like better "Exterior or Interior"

Suggested Improvements

None! This Bimmer has nothing that needs to be improved! Get one today and start enjoying driving the way it should be!

Designed for Windy Roads
By virakc

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

I find myself looking for an excuse to drive the car. Very smooth and responsive. I love driving out of state just to find cars to pass. I noticed a difference when I switched from 93 to 89 to save on gas; extracted better performance with the 93. I chose this car over a 02 mercedes S Class. Consumers: Buy a bra. Have extra money in your bank account (at least 25% of the price)

Favorite Features

Very smooth, very responsive. Nimble and quick. The traction control got me out of snow and mud with ease. Love the sound at full open throttle

Suggested Improvements

Windows and sunroof! it's a "luxury" car. I don't want to worry about the little things. Fix the turbulence noise when all the windows are open. No cruise.

Certified PreOwned Means Nothing
By BallJointsNsuch

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Bought it two years ago Certified Pre-Owned from a dealership in NY. They did 0 work to the vehicle to Certify it, except charge roughly $1000 for the warranty which covers jack squat. I have replaced window regulators, ball joints ($2000), Brakes and Rotors, Tires and a long list of other items. This car rides great but is completely unreliable. My radio and On Board Computer are currently malfunctioning but i've lost patience to go fix it. Go buy a Consumer reports magazine ....then go buy a Lexus. My Tacoma TRD has roughly the same mileage and 0 problems.

Favorite Features

Steering Wheel Audio Controls, Heated Seats and 5-speed. When operating the vehicle handles better than any japanese car sold, but it never operates for long. Not worth the aggravation and thousands of dollars.

Suggested Improvements

Engineer parts that don't break. I expect better reliability as a consumer. Wake up BMW, your cars and SUVs are CONSTANTLY breaking. I'll definitely stay with Toyota products from this point on. Thanks.