Used 2000 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Wow!!!
By jelani

2000 BMW 3 Series 328Ci 2dr Coupe

I have owned a 2000 328ci for about a year & have put about 12,000 miles on it (120k on vehicle total). This car is a dream. Have not had any problems & get people inquiring about it almost daily. The styling is so wonderful that people always ask if it's new and it's 8 years old! I think I'm hooked. BMW all the way from here on out. Also found that parts on the vehicle are no more expensive than your average Chevy or Ford. NOW THE LABOR AT A BMW DEALER, that's a different story but there are several repair shops in my area that specialize in foreign repairs. Only thing I had replaced is the cam positioning sensor which was 75 bucks & 1 hr labor ($65) to install at a local service shop.

Favorite Features

This thing gets 29.8 mpg on highway & still takes off like a rocket!!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing!!

Respect your Bimmer
By marcopolio

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 328i just over a year ago and it is my 3rd BMW. I am not a wealthy man, and I wouldn't spend over $13,000 on a used car that I didn't believe in. This sexy car demands love, respect and maintenance. Have it checked out before you buy it. Do regular oil changes and have it inspected on time and you will be fine. Do yourself a favor and learn to work on this car yourself.

Favorite Features

Incredibly well built with the finest materials. Road and engine noise is very minimal - much quieter than my mom's brand new Camry. Traction control has saved me a few times. Cruise control works at any speed. Easy to hook up iPod to stock cd changer outlet. One touch Windows and sunroof!

Suggested Improvements

Window clips and sunroof shade clips are plastic and break too often. Computer says fuel economy is better than it really is.

Expensive to Own
By Ron

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 coupe with very low mileage (33k) from the dealer. It previously had one owner. I love the drive, the comfort, and the feel of a BMW. But, beware! In one year I've been back to the dealer for a failed alternator, rotors, brakes, tires, a/c failure, moldings are loose etc. I've spent close to 3k in one year just on upkeep and I've heard it only gets worse. If you really want a BMW, just lease it so everything is covered, otherwise, you will be incurring lots of debt. If you doubt, ask mechanics at different body shops and they will share their experiences.

Favorite Features

The drive and feeling of safety and control

I'll NEVER buy another bmw
By jake

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 2000 BMW 323i. I thought I finally bought a great car. It had 77,500 on it. I now have 90,200, this car has been a piece of crap since the first month. Its so bad, BMW will admit they break down all the time. These cars are for the wealthy only. The cooling systems are so poorly designed, they have sensor after sensor, but the cars still overheat. Definitely not reliable. Now i'm paying 3 1/2 more years on a car I can't drive. BMW is fully aware of these problems and wont even tell you. BMW resale value is poor. I only recommend buying a BMW if you are very, very wealthy

Favorite Features

The car looks cool, can't drive it, but it looks nice.

HEADACHE!
By Frustrated Driver

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for about 5 years now. It stinks! Since we bought it (used) we have had so many electrical problems and there is constantly something breaking or squeaking. It is a nice looking car, but I will never purchase another BMW. It empties your wallet to fix!

Favorite Features

Exterior is great. The design is beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

Make it more dependable and less expensive to maintain.