2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Not a Long term Car
By S Alllen on 12/16/07 10:31 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Bought this vehicle for travel. It looks great, but wow, for a high rated vehicle, i wouldn't buy another BMW. The windows fall into the doors (BMW dealer says thats normal) and cost to fix $$$$. Heater doesn't work well, air doesn't work well. The heated seats they work. Wouldn't recommend a used BMW or keep one past 3 years. Not worth the extra money!

Time to trade
By Jill on 11/09/07 12:58 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT 4dr Wagon

While my 3-series wagon was under warranty, all was well. I didn't mind the repeated trips to the dealership to replace every motor in each of my power windows, or my power steering leak, or a regulator in my AC. However, once the warranty expires the out of pocket cost to replace a transmission, along with lengthy list of repairs that accompanies each regular check up becomes quite irritating. The door panel inserts became dislodged and even the BMW logo on the hood came off. . . TWICE. Too headache and expense for "the ultimate driving machine."

7 years and counting
By Bryncerdd on 06/24/07 11:44 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car on the basis of promised road-handling and prior experience with an earlier BMW. Some minor issues which should not have occurred (malfunctioning sun roof, malfunctioning ignition switch) have been the only problems. The car handles delightfully, has a shorter turning radius than any four-door car I have encountered, looks good inside and out. This is not an economy car, and may be overrated by some enthusiasts, but it is still a safe and enjoyable means of transportation. I could, and do, recommend it to any potential purchaser.

Long term keepsake.
By Julio M. on 06/18/07 21:47 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

It is expensive to maintain after the honeymoon (warranty), i.e. inspection #1, #2 and #3 and tires, oil change. Some dealers use the "access by dealer only" to sell unneeded part, plus outrageous hourly fees. I bought mine new but I would recommend to someone with a good income after 100,000 miles. Very reliable, powerful and fast on the Autobahn. Stateside a Mustang in a barn.

Too expensive to maintain after warranty
By Calzone on 05/02/07 13:31 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Nice sports sedan, lots of fun to drive in dry weather. Poor handling in snow, and very costly in repairs once the warranty expired. Several issues with AC unit, latest $1,200 for an evaporator. Real wheel spring broke after 60K miles. I am selling and getting a Honda.

Loving my 328Ci
By adrian on 02/14/07 00:30 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328Ci 2dr Coupe

After owning a 95 318ti that had 220k miles on it and ran flawlessly, I knew i had to buy another BMW. I got a helrot red one with black leather interior and a 5 speed manual trans. I absolutely love this car. It's got good power for daily driving and sports driving too.

00 BMW 323 Wagon
By R. Kataoka on 12/07/06 22:20 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT 4dr Wagon

Pretty steady car, Great for small families, good performance, interior engineered well and is holding up fine. Real good on tires. First set went about 55K. The cons are not real bad but gas mileage - the auto transmission tank vents and dirt accumulated in the engine compartment. Lots of brake dust and get used to cleaning it - all the time. I would buy another. Repairs are a bit pricey.

First Ultimate driving machine - Wow!
By Anthony Greenidge on 11/25/06 01:32 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Now I see what all the hoopla is about. I was warned once you drive a BMW you can never go back to anything else. Well they were absolutely correct, excellent driving car. Put 20,000 miles on it already in just 7 months. Any excuse to drive this car. Love the handling after coming from an 95 SHO Taurus. Car looks and drives just as good as my neighbors 2005 325 for $10,000 less. Can`t wait to get my 3 series convertible next summer.

Buyer beware
By john samson on 11/03/06 06:38 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328Ci 2dr Coupe

I would recommend this car to no one, I bought mine last year with 40,000 miles. It was like it was brand new, then I heard a banging noise under the car. The frame of the car had come apart itís a little known design flaw. I ended up paying $4700 to get it fixed. The car has always run great, handles great, but you would expect more from BMW then for it to fall a apart at 50000 miles. So buyer beware.

Truly the ultimate driving machine
By Weldon L Kuretsch on 09/20/06 20:16 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

This is the third 3 Series BMW I have owned and each car has gotten better than the the previous one. On my first BMW maintenance was rather often and expensive. It is totally different now. Oil changes are at 15,000 mile intervals and I have had no major repairs on the car at 75,000 miles. It truly is the ultimate driving machine and I will continue to own them as long as it is possible for me to do so.