Used 2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Excellent Car
By AKP

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Over 140,000 and still drives great! I have been diligent about maintenance and have spent around 1000/yr after warranty expired. Biggest disappointment: Replaced transmission at 120,000 miles.($4500). The handling is excellent. A car wash makes it look new. Purchased a 2006 convertible and I prefer to drive the 2000 Beemer. The car has not left me stranded. It has had minor repairs every year. I expect to drive it another 100,000.

Favorite Features

My favorite features is the handling, brakes, and style.

great car
By Mike

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

When you look at all around build quality, style, and joy in driving the 3 series is king. 15 gallons of gas got me 400 miles, not bad for a quick car!

Favorite Features

Driving dynamics and the style (interior and exterior)

Suggested Improvements

Fold down rear seats should be standard to improve versatility over its X3 and wagon counterparts. Most people would find the rare times they need to stuff junk in the trunk, fold down rear seats do the trick, no need for SUV!

Respect your Bimmer
By marcopolio

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 328i just over a year ago and it is my 3rd BMW. I am not a wealthy man, and I wouldn't spend over $13,000 on a used car that I didn't believe in. This sexy car demands love, respect and maintenance. Have it checked out before you buy it. Do regular oil changes and have it inspected on time and you will be fine. Do yourself a favor and learn to work on this car yourself.

Favorite Features

Incredibly well built with the finest materials. Road and engine noise is very minimal - much quieter than my mom's brand new Camry. Traction control has saved me a few times. Cruise control works at any speed. Easy to hook up iPod to stock cd changer outlet. One touch Windows and sunroof!

Suggested Improvements

Window clips and sunroof shade clips are plastic and break too often. Computer says fuel economy is better than it really is.

I'll NEVER buy another bmw
By jake

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 2000 BMW 323i. I thought I finally bought a great car. It had 77,500 on it. I now have 90,200, this car has been a piece of crap since the first month. Its so bad, BMW will admit they break down all the time. These cars are for the wealthy only. The cooling systems are so poorly designed, they have sensor after sensor, but the cars still overheat. Definitely not reliable. Now i'm paying 3 1/2 more years on a car I can't drive. BMW is fully aware of these problems and wont even tell you. BMW resale value is poor. I only recommend buying a BMW if you are very, very wealthy

Favorite Features

The car looks cool, can't drive it, but it looks nice.

HEADACHE!
By Frustrated Driver

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for about 5 years now. It stinks! Since we bought it (used) we have had so many electrical problems and there is constantly something breaking or squeaking. It is a nice looking car, but I will never purchase another BMW. It empties your wallet to fix!

Favorite Features

Exterior is great. The design is beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

Make it more dependable and less expensive to maintain.